GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Headlight bulb recommendation (Alternative to HID)

Alternative to HID.
    Hello I have a 2007 Silverado 1500 crew cab. Itís the NNBS, and one of my head light bulbs just went bad. So I need to replace it. I would like some recommendations to something other than stocks. And HID from what I read HID is the ways to go but seem like a hassle. I will eventually switch but right now I want something quick and less expensive but yet still look nice. I like the real bright bluish lights. Any recommendation
    Thanks a lot

I use Nokya Arctic White Stage II bulbs in all my vehicles, have done for years with no issues.

http://nokyausa.com/aw/aw.htm
    Adam

where can i find those bulbs?

Piaa's work well, but they just don't last. Adam, about how long do your bulbs last?

I put them in when I got the truck 5 years ago and I've only had to replace the drivers side low beam once and one of the fogs, ( I use 9005 hi beam bulbs in my fogs) I buy mine at my local custom shop (Trick Trucks) but a quick search and I found 'em on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...fix=nokya+9006

I use the Arctic Purple in my wife's car.
    Last edited by adampaul1964; 04-11-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Adam, you mind posting up some night pics with your low's and figs on? Sounds like a pretty sweet bulb!

________2013 4C Rated__________

I don't have any night pics right now, but I found this one in my gallery. Nokya 100watt hi beam bulb on drivers side versus 37 watt stock bulb

O.K. I just snapped some night pics, but photobucket is down for maintenance so I can't upload them yet. I'll put them up as soon as I can.
    Last edited by adampaul1964; 04-11-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks for the info Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    I don't have any night pics right now, but I found this one in my gallery. Nokya 100watt hi beam bulb on drivers side versus 37 watt stock bulb

O.K. I just snapped some night pics, but photobucket is down for maintenance so I can't upload them yet. I'll put them up as soon as I can.
    Did your fog bulb and high beam have the same harness? I checked my fogs and I couldn't put the high beam in the fog light assembly.

Yeah on the '03 - '07 classic trucks the harness is the same for the fog and hi-beam, although I upgraded my fog harness to a high heat one. The stock 37 watt harness can't take the 100watt bulb. The hi an lo beam harnesses have been fine so far, I have 80watt lo beam and 100watt hi beam in those.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by