GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2011 silverado 5.3 engine code 3

Anyone have one of these trucks that does not squeel when in v4 mode? I had mine in twice and they cant figure it out, so now there saying its normal. They told me to find someone that has one that doesnt squeel and get their vin so they compare mine to theirs to see what may be different to cause this. What a crock of sh$%. Sounds like its something major and they dont want to fix it or give me a different truck!
    Last edited by chevy11; 05-28-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chevy11 View Post
    Anyone have one of these trucks that does not squeel when in v4 mode? I had mine in twice and they cant figure it out, so now there saying its normal. They told me to find someone that has one that doesnt squeel and get their vin so they compare mine to theirs to see what may be different to cause this. What a crock of sh$%. Sounds like its something major and they dont want to fix it or give me a different truck!
    Sorry.....but I have no clue on what you are asking and/or what a Code 3 is....

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

your engine code is the eigth digit in your vin. this tells you what size and type of motor you have!
    Last edited by chevy11; 05-28-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chevy11 View Post
    I do have the code3 engine.Mine doesn't squeal, yet. my engine growls in V4 and creates a vibration in both my steering wheel and accelerator pedal. Jerry Seiner in Salt Lake City said they couldn't find a code so nothing wrong. Not sure , but it seems that something is definitely not standard. Other than the brush off.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    I do have the code3 engine.Mine doesn't squeal, yet. my engine growls in V4 and creates a vibration in both my steering wheel and accelerator pedal. Jerry Seiner in Salt Lake City said they couldn't find a code so nothing wrong. Not sure , but it seems that something is definitely not standard. Other than the brush off.
    Just some insight to help you out your Code 3 Engine......is RPO Code.....LH6...Engine Gas, 8Cyl 5.3 liter,

Which is The LH6 With Active Fuel Management replaced the LM4 for 2005" and was the first of the Generation IV Small Black V-8 Truck engines to go into Production.

The.....RPO Code, Stands for Regular Production Options.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 05-30-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Added Infor.