GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unfortunately I primarily specialize in working with customers in the US. However, I would recommend contacting GM of Canada at 800-263-3777. The hours of operation are M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST. I hope this helps. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter69 View Post
    99'heartbeat

not a problem thanks for trying to help!

troutbug I am mad for both reasons,, I am from up in New Brunswick Canada, population of less then 1,000,000 in entire province,, I have never seen in the news up here about a thug attacking someone in a vehicle and secondly, When I work on the farm we are always stopping and passenger jumps out for a second then hops back in and off you go,, now every friggin time I stop you have to unlock those friggin doors,,, it is absalutly ridiculouse.

I wish GM customer support would answerr this situation.
    Hunter
    You work a farm in a 2011. We have differing opinions of what constitutes a work truck.

Thanks 99heartbeat but that does not take care of the problem because it does not give you the option to not have the doors lock automaticaly. It either locks when out of park or locks at 13 miles an hour,, you can not program it to only lock when I push the button.
    I bet you haven't even read your owners manual....my 2008 sierra allows me to turn OFF auto dour locks! Your the second canadian gm owner that had gotten the wrong answers from canadian dealerships.....I think its a canadian problem. ...look through your DIC..if my 08 had that option your truck should also.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

This also may be of some assistance to you. This information can be found on page 3-78 of your owner’s manual.

AUTO DOOR LOCK
    This feature allows you to select when the vehicle’s doors will automatically lock. See Programmable Automatic Door Locks on page 2-11 for more information. Press the customization button until AUTO DOOR LOCK appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset button once to access the settings for this feature. Then press the customization button to scroll through the following settings:

SHIFT OUT OF PARK (default): The doors will automatically lock when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK (P).

AT VEHICLE SPEED: The doors will automatically lock when the vehicle speed is above 8 mph (13 km/h) for three seconds.

NO CHANGE: No change will be made to this feature. The current setting will remain. To select a setting, press the set/reset button while the desired setting is displayed on the DIC.

AUTO DOOR UNLOCK
    This feature allows you to select whether or not to turn off the automatic door unlocking feature. It also allows you to select which doors and when the doors will automatically unlock. See Programmable AutomaticDoor Locks on page 2-11 for more information. Press the customization button until AUTO DOOR UNLOCK appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset button once to access the settings for this feature. Then press the customization button to scroll through the following settings:

OFF: None of the doors will automatically unlock.

DRIVER AT KEY OUT: Only the driver’s door will unlock when the key is taken out of the ignition.

DRIVER IN PARK: Only the driver’s door will unlock when the vehicle is shifted into PARK (P).

ALL AT KEY OUT: All of the doors will unlock when the key is taken out of the ignition.

ALL IN PARK (default): All of the doors will unlock when the vehicle is shifted into PARK (P).

NO CHANGE: No change will be made to this feature. The current setting will remain. To select a setting, press the set/reset button

I hope this helps. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

sstoner911

Yes I have read the manual and if you look at what Tricia from customer service just pasted you will see that you do NOT have the option of keeping the doors from Locking only from unlocking.

Tricia,, I will call gm canada and see what they can do. Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Its official!! Contacted gm canada customer service and there is nothing they are willing to do!!! pay the 100- 150 bucks MR. SUCKER

Gee I wonder what vehicle this sucker will buy next time!!!!!

I personally think this is an awesome feature. Besides, you shouldn't have any door open with the truck in gear anyway. GM has improved this safety feature a lot over the years. My 2000 Silverado locked at speed and unlocked with keyout only, not changeable. My 2011 allows what I prefer with lock in "D" and unlock in "P". It just makes sense for safety's sake. Nice to know GM is looking out for it's owners.

While I don't disagree with you and that you should be able to turn it off, I wouldn't sweat about it. Count your blessings and move on. You never know what good can come from things, as it might save you from something one day, not just "attacks" but something else. Like for instance I read somewhere that study's of auto accidents show that locked doors stay closed when there is major vehicle body damage. This can save you from serious injury.

sstoner911

Yes I have read the manual and if you look at what Tricia from customer service just pasted you will see that you do NOT have the option of keeping the doors from Locking only from unlocking.

Tricia,, I will call gm canada and see what they can do. Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Its official!! Contacted gm canada customer service and there is nothing they are willing to do!!! pay the 100- 150 bucks MR. SUCKER

Gee I wonder what vehicle this sucker will buy next time!!!!!
    Got news for ya....most auto makers have this feature and you can't turn that off....i mis read the instructions......but.....don't be lazy and push the unlock button.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Default DOOR Locks

All statements and info passed so far are correct. But the finally reason for not having that door lock option now days is due to the FEDS, and the new saftery standards all vehivcles must have self locking doors as of 2004 I think was the year

Quote Originally Posted by racer4 View Post
    All statements and info passed so far are correct. But the finally reason for not having that door lock option now days is due to the FEDS, and the new saftery standards all vehivcles must have self locking doors as of 2004 I think was the year
    My 07 Silverado doesn't have self locking locks...heck it doesn't even have power locks!

Hunter, there is nothing worse than dealing with GM Customer Service. They don't care about the customer. If your calling customer service, that means GM has already taken you for your money, and they know that! You already made the mistake of purchasing a GM, and unfortunately, your on your own now. Dont expect GM Customer Service to ever take your calls seriously. Believe me, I have been going through it for months now...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast