GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Cool Soon to be a 4/7 or 4/8 drop on my crew cab!

I finally graduated from high school last week and my birthday is in 6 days so I'm saving up all the money I can to lower my truck. I've been looking at 4/6 drop kits and then use my 2" shackles to mess around with the rear height to see how much it will level it out since I don't have a spare, hitch, or bumper. The 2" shackles right now barely are doing anything since I put on my rollpan. I'm going to get the DJM kit: http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/4-qt--fs-6-qt-_pro_drop_kit/550/djmsuspensiondjmk2599l2-.aspx and then keep my shackles where they are or move them up an inch. Any advice on what shocks I should use in the front and rear? I'm going to do this with the help of 3 or 4 friends in my garage. All of who have experience lowering/lifting trucks. Thanks for any recommendations.

Don't know too much about shocks for lowered trucks but I hear Edelbrock, Belltech and KYB work well.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Anyone else?

I'm running the Belltech Street Performance shocks on my truck and I highly recommend them. I recommend shock bracket extenders for the rear also if the kit doesn't have them.

Adam

Do you think those shocks will be fine for how low I'm going, because you have a 2/4 on a 4x4 which is the equivalent to my 2" drop shackles on a 2wd. I don't want to have a bumpy ride.

I'm pretty sure they come in different lengths based on the drop you have. I plan on going down 2 more inches, the shocks I have are for 0-3" drop in the front and for the rear 0-4" drop. One other thing you have to consider is your driveshaft, with that much drop you will have to do some modification to your driveshaft. From what I've read when you drop a crew cab over 4" (2WD) or 6"(4WD) you either have to cut out some crossmembers or switch from the large 1 piece to the 2 piece shaft that comes in the extended cabs