GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Legend
    Blog Entries

There's always going to be 1 or 2 dullards no matter where you shop for your parts, & occasionally a bad part too. I wouldn't hold it against all Autozones, just because this one employee was slappin hamburgers at McDonalds last week & doesn't understand auto mechanics.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

ok it got better yet. i went up there to inspect the new cv axle that they just got in. he wouldnt let me see it until he looked at mine. i showed him how the top joint had alot of play(im talking like 80k miles type of play) he responded with (its supposed to be like that) needless to say with my found complications restraining my aggression i froze in a state of discontent. i in a firm tone with thought of several harmful acts racing in my mind said let me see the new axle. he responded with( no need, this 1 is fine). i paused for a moment, then responded with( i spent over 30k at your f__cking store just last year. how do you think corporate would feel if i told them to get bent because of your arrogance toward accepting sound knowledge toward mechanics of which you obviously have no idea about and shouldnt be in a management position) you could tell by his face that he knew i was about to drop down on him like a 5kiloton nuke, so without comment he walked back and got the new axle. i opened it and held the center shaft and instructed him to wiggle the inner hub section. he grabbed hold and attempted to wiggle it. it was solid as could be. i then said how much are you willing to bet the atleast 90% of every axle you can even get in will be solid like this 1 unlike the axle on my truck atm. well i found out you can teach a rock. he understood finally what i was attempting to tell him. thank god almighty he did, i was already thinking of whom i could call for bail money.
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

I understand your frustration, I think most of us have been there also with parts stores. Hang in there! Your trucks looking good.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Legend
    Blog Entries

At least you finally got thru to them... Gotta love it when one moron screws it up. Ive been to my local advance store where i get my parts (we dont have an autozone in duluth yet and they hadnt opened the one in Cloquet yet either) anyhow i was trying to order a new Exhaust manifold, and the guy i was talking to told me i didnt need new studs for the head since they came with the part. I said NO i need new ones since the new manifold says "does not include studs" after a few rounds of him saying i dont need them the guy that i usually deal with and sadly knows me by name walks from the back tells the other guy to go to the back and stock parts, and magic in 5 min i have my new studs.. You cant fix stupid and there always has to be one!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Legend
    Blog Entries

Glad you got it sorted out Pup. From here on out he's probably going to be more open minded towards mechs who know something & he might be one of the faster learning rocks at that store.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Give me a nice Mom and Pops store anytime....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Give me a nice Mom and Pops store anytime....
    ill 2nd, 3rd, and 4th that. my home town of 1100people has a small do everything parts store. those guys have tough me a thing or 2. only place i have ever seen that has 18 grade bolts. they are for tractors but the threads are the same so they are also for the mudpuppy.
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

i went to get a new starter from auto zone. said they had to put on tester. it spun over. said i didnt need a new one. i told the guy if he wants to put the old one back on and pull it off when it doesnt work ill keep the old one. guess which one i walked out with
    87 r10 stepside

Legend
    Blog Entries

That's a good example of why bench testing doesn't always work on marginal electrical parts JT & sometimes you have to overide the test results. The Autozone guy was trying to save you some money cuz your starter tested good, but you lived with the starter in real world conditions where heat is a factor & that's one thing bench testing can't replicate. If Autozone had an oven where they could preheat all electrical parts to 250-300 degrees before they tested them, there would be a lot more alternator & starter failures on their test bench because heat causes more electrical resistance.

If I ever go into an AutoZone, it is for fluids and the occasional bulb. And I already know what part number I need for the bulb before I set foot in there. The only thing they need to do is ring me up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast