GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Have you checked RockAuto.com? They have excellent product at good prices and they ship quickly. You may not have time to wait for it this time, but take a look over there and see if you like it.
    Good Luck and God Bless

Default I've done biz with all three (AZ, Oriely, NAPA) worst is easily O'Rielly-Kragen

NAPA usually more expensive but more knowledgeable. Always examine parts well as manufacturers do make mistakes now and then. Lowest price provider might buy lower quality parts from mfr. We won't get into how statistical sampling works here - basically one or two bad parts in a batch of a hundred may reject the whole batch. Send to Kragen, Sears, JC Whitney etc.

gonna be hits and misses at all but i definately have stores I get certain things from first. In my area I have Autozone, o'reilly, Carquest and Napa. Fortunately the NAPA's around me have knowledgeable people that have been around for a while. I will buy there first for my suspension parts even though it is more expensive but they are better quality. Brakes are NAPA or oreilly (they just bought out Kragen here). Autozone is typically for the quick things where i'm looking for best price (bulbs, gaskets, parts for my saturn). At least around here, and northern California when I lived there, the most knowledgeable parts people have been at NAPA. Very rarely do I find someone real knowledgeable at Autozone, but I have met a few.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Blog Entries

wow, that sucks! sorry for the issues there, sounds like a big deal.
    Cheri
    Chevy Trailblazer LS 4x4
    Seattle, WA

With any business, be it auto parts or an antique shop, it all depends on how much the company is willing to invest in good employees and training. Cutting hours and payroll and sticking the cute little girl you hired away from McDonald's on the cash register for eight bucks an hour will show a quick short-term profit, but when your company goes down the crapper in ten years, you've got no excuse.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123