GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Can I fit 2007 stock Suburban wheels on 2001?

I just purchased a 2001 Suburban K1500 with aftermarket 20" rims. The rims are nice, but not really my style. I just want low key wheels. Someone in my area is offering a set of stock wheels off of their 2007 Suburban. Will these fit on my 2001? The 2007 set is 6 lug just like my current wheels but I don't know anything about the spacing or anything like that.

You'll have to excuse my ignorance when it comes to this kind of stuff, but I've not spent much time modifying any vehicles. Are there any problems I should be aware of in replacing my wheels?

Not that this will really affect my decision-making, but do stock wheels with stock-sized tires tend to get better gas mileage than the larger wheels/tires? Just curious.

Thanks in advance!!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Are the stock you are looking at 17's,or 18's? Stock should get you better MPG's depends on what you are looking at..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

The set I'm looking at are 17's. There won't be any trouble fitting 07 wheels on an 01 Suburban?
    2001 Chevy Suburban K1500

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

As long as it does not rub on the cailbers...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Jr. Apprentice

I have the stock 20" rims from the 07 Suburban on my 01 and they are fine. There was a slight rub on the wheel well liner when turning right and I had to pin it back slightly. I recently noted that they were an option on the '06 LTZ which is the same body style as the '01.

A guy that lives by me had the stock 5 spoke 20's on his older suburban (same body style as 2001) and it looks good. He has fender flares on it too
    David

2007 Suburban 1500

2001 Silverado 1500 LS 2WD
    Custom Interior, Rims, Exhaust

The 17" wheels will fit fine on your '07.
    Adam