GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr Magoo

Welcome to the club!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Bigbomer,
    Well, I left the truck all day last Friday as they requested. I took the service manager on a drive
    and pointed out the noise. He did not deny the noise but said he needed it all day.
    I went back on Saturday morning to pick it up and get the oil changed on my 2010 Enclave.
    Since we had to wait in the oil change I asked for the keys to my truck so I could test
    drive it. The manager told me "here are the keys but we didn't do anything to the truck.
    He said they drove another crew cab like mine and said the noise in my truck was less than
    the new one they drove so we're not going to throw parts at your truck trying to fix the noise."
    I could not believe his response and gave him back the keys to start over but he flatly refused
    to do anymore. It bothered me very much to pay $44K for a truck and not get help.
    We left immediately and did not get the Enclave serviced after all.
    Yesterday I put foam over the right rear vent between the cab and bed. I'll drive it this afternoon
    to see what happens with this. I plan to talk to Jackie again by email to see what to do if this does
    not help. He also suggested another dealer might see it different if I took it to one.???
    REALLY FRUSTRATED WITH GM AND TO THINK OUR GOVERNMENT PROPPED THEN UP WITH
    MY TAX MONEY TOO!!!
    Dan
    Hey I just tested out my truck and it is a LOT better with the swimmming pool noddles covering the right vent opening.
    Not sure how long the foam noodle will last but it is pretyt tough stuff.

[QUOTE=jds7345;376408]AL
    Thanks for the reply. I have cut and pasted the comments on cab noise. Is there a way to see all
    the write ups on a single page in this program?

We like the Enclave for looks, mileage, ease of handling. We can get 23mpg on the road easy enough.
    It is short on seat comfort in the front seats. The driver side has the eight way seat but lacks enoufgh
    cusion and tilt range. The right front passenger side seat does not come with eight way seating.
    The dealer made a small adjustment to raise the fron of the seat some but could not really get it where
    it needs to be so it feels like your butt is sliding forward all the time. It also lacks the digital directional
    indicator because it has navagation. The problem is you have to find the little arrow on the nav screen
    window that always poins north and then find the small movement arrow then determine which way you are traveling.
    If you have navigation the easy direction icon is not offered by GM.
    Magoo[COLOR="Silver"]

You can adjust the number of threads per page in your settings, but that's a long post and you'll still need to flip through a number of pages.

Thanks for the info on the Enclave. I'm trying to convince her on a Tahoe, but she wants the smaller SUV.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12