GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default EFI Live Flash Scan vs. Hypertech Hyperpac

I'm looking for a device that will allow me to capture performace data on my truck before and after modifications. I'm especially interested in tracking horsepower, fuel economy, 0-60 times, etc. Most of the devices on the market are strictly designed to perform tuning functions - I haven't found many that simply record performance results.

So far, I've come across the EFI Live Flash Scan V2 and the Hypertech Hyperpac. Has anyone had experience with these devices - perhaps both to provide a comparison? Pros/cons for each? Are there other devices that perform these functions?

EFI Live or HP tuners. Most tuning shops use either of those brands. I believe EFI Live has some forums on their website that you could probably check out.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

my 2 cents, hyper tech is like you said, a programer.... it has its limitations. a "tuner" such as efi live or hp tuners is a tuning device. it also helps if you have a wide band set up to go along with it but as far as the difference in performance, and options id go with efi live or hp tuners any day. i have a pcm done with efi live and it beats a heck out of the superchips tuner hands down and a retune is like 15 bucks cant beat it...
    2004 gmc sierra ext z71 5.3
    PERFORMANCE...
    KB racing hot pipes 3.5" : 76mm turbo: 4l80e : Circle-d 2b multi disk :Walbro 400 : Racetronix Hotwire kit : TB coolant bypass : Nelson 91 Pcm : Tr 220 Cam : Brian Tooley double springs kit : Ls7 Lifters : Stage 3 heads : Custom Intake Manifold :80lb Injectors : Ported TB : 40k tranny cooler: Plx dm-100 gauge: Auto meter fuel and boost gauge:
    APPEARANCE...
    Custom Speedo : Leveling kit :Smoked led taillights and 3rd break light : Black projectors and fogs with hids : Blacked out grille : 33's on 16's : Clarion flip screen: sound que 12" subs: clerion 6x9's : Memhpis amps: Alpine componet set.
    Future mods... Detriot tru-trac, deviels own stage 2 meth kit, MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darnie1987 View Post
    my 2 cents, hyper tech is like you said, a programer.... it has its limitations. a "tuner" such as efi live or hp tuners is a tuning device. it also helps if you have a wide band set up to go along with it but as far as the difference in performance, and options id go with efi live or hp tuners any day. i have a pcm done with efi live and it beats a heck out of the superchips tuner hands down and a retune is like 15 bucks cant beat it...
    Efi live is $1000 You can get a reflash done by PCMfroless.com for around $500. However you don't get the programmer like you do w/efi live. You should have the car dyno'd before and after as well w/ A/F readings.

Is it true that EFI Live is not compatible with Ford's?

ya but like all things you get what you pay for? heck i prob wont buy it but ill easily spend the money with m y tune, i have a nelsons tune and with that and the gauges and wide band it will rack up some funds, but i wont have a code reader or anything like that. if your wanting to go fast get efi live, if u want to just be quick get a mail order tune there usally pretty spot on. and then id rank a hand held... just my 2 cents...