GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i still have alot of clean up work to do but its all in and painfully loud.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0765.jpg   DSCN0766.jpg   DSCN0768.jpg   DSCN0769.jpg   DSCN0770.jpg  

94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

heres 2 more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0772.jpg   DSCN0774.jpg  

lmao as an extra bonus when i opened my conduit and zip tie box i found another amp that i thought i got rid of. its an old school 200.2 jbl amp matching series to my 1200.1 mono block. i want to keep the weight down in the t-bird but if i change my mind i have 4 more amps a 10 and a 12w7. all i need is more loud speakers. or i can just get even more loud speakers for the suburban. i wouldnt mind having 2 more 5 1/4 components and 2 of planet audio's 8inch mid drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    lmao as an extra bonus when i opened my conduit and zip tie box i found another amp that i thought i got rid of. its an old school 200.2 jbl amp matching series to my 1200.1 mono block. i want to keep the weight down in the t-bird but if i change my mind i have 4 more amps a 10 and a 12w7. all i need is more loud speakers. or i can just get even more loud speakers for the suburban. i wouldnt mind having 2 more 5 1/4 components and 2 of planet audio's 8inch mid drivers.
    You can never have too many speakers
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Personally, I won't go with a JL Audio sub unless it's a W6 or W7. I find the W3 and below sound horrible, especially since most people overdrive them by obscene amounts. A single JL 10W6v2 in my Suburban rattles everything and is way too loud and only consumes a little more than 1 cubic foot of space.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
    Personally, I won't go with a JL Audio sub unless it's a W6 or W7. I find the W3 and below sound horrible, especially since most people overdrive them by obscene amounts. A single JL 10W6v2 in my Suburban rattles everything and is way too loud and only consumes a little more than 1 cubic foot of space.
    thats why just a few pay checks down the road im replacing the jl subs with AQ 2.5 series 12's. the box i made is actually made for them, just so happens the jl's sound good in it to. the AQ subs are comparable to the w6's and only cost $139 each. i have found from also being on an audio forum that pretty much every store out there charges way to much for sound systems. since being on the sound forums i have also found that stores can tell when you know they are charging to much. my boston 5 1/4's in the very front go for an average of $450-$500 in most all stores. i walked in and told them $200 was my max price or i would just get some AQ or DD components and call it the day. well after beating around the bush they got me for $247. they insisted if they sell them to me for 200 that i had to get there store extended warranty. im not saying they sell junk, but i am saying theres alot better stuff out there for alot less then most stores offer. like for example, my planet audio amps. i cant think of a store around here that sells any form of amps that can even come close to comparison. JL doesnt even make an amp as strong as my PA mono block and there are still 2 more bigger PA amps than the 1 i have. then like with AQ, there smallest mono block is 2000watts rms for i think around $400. shop around and you will find your wasting alot of money shopping at stores. 1 nice thing about stores though, the return/exchange for broken equipment is far easier and faster, but do you really want to pay that much more for that small seldom used convenience? this system is not even scratching the surface of its final stage. over then next 6-9 months there will be alot of transformation. i sought at the beginning of this project knowing what i would have to do to build the most retarded loud good sounding system that i have ever built. this isnt it yet. this is just the beginning of whats to come.

i have been posting most all updates in (been busy) thread for those following along.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

oK So you mixed your inside speakers? Do you want a clean sound? What's in the roof in the back?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12