GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Chase Business Banking Review. Read this before opening an account.

I just signed up for a Chase Bank business account less than 2 months ago. I am going in today to cancel my account. As a small businessman, I can not afford to keep spending a huge percentage of my time trying to fight the blunders and errors that they are causing me.

Calling their help desk phone numbers is a nightmare too. They are clearly overseas and I can not understand them at all. I asked once to talk to someone who spoke English better (I said it politely as I was having a hard time understanding them), and I was transferred to Air Mexico reservation line, which was in Spanish. That's just insane and terrible customer service.

I might give them one more chance, and guess what? I'm going to record the conversation and share it with everyone on here. I'm not a video editing wiz, so I will have to find a easy way to bleep out my account information.

So far, I have lost about 10 hours of my own time due to the blunders of Chase Bank.

Chewed up ATM deposits. My ATM deposit was eaten up and they had to hold funds for like 4 days until they could get it out of the ATM and take it to their central processing facility. MY TIME WASTED: 2 hours.

$2000 deposit limit on photo check deposits. So, I didn't know that they have a $2,000 limit for deposits when using a smart phone and their app. Ok, so that means that half the checks I get can not be deposited by their app. More trips to the bank ATM (where I risk having them eaten up) and I had to confirm their policy with the banker. MY TIME WASTED: 1 hour.

Payment Holds for NO REASON. This makes no sense. I'll just use some round numbers here, lets say that I had $2,000 cash in the account and I deposited another $2,000. They put ALL of the money on hold. NOT JUST THE NEW DEPOSIT, BUT ALL OF IT - EVEN THE MONEY THAT WAS IN THE ACCOUNT FOR WEEKS! Just scratching my head on this one. MY TIME WASTED: 5 hours of trying to make online payments for business services that need to be paid and covering automated payments that have been declined!

They cancelled my debit card when I made an ATM deposit. So, I made the ATM deposit and they held the funds AND CANCELED MY DEBIT CARD! I mean, WHAT THE ???? I've never had this happen before, ever by any bank ever. I thought Wells Fargo was bad, but this is a nightmare.

All in all, I'm going to guess that I'm down 10 hours of lost time becuase of their antics. I know there is a lot of fraud out there, but come on, cancelling my debit card because they put the funds on hold? That's just outrageous.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I had to spend 90 minutes in the banch to get this cleared up, plus another 45 minutes on the phone today.

To top it all off, the CHASE BANK pen that I got popped the ballpoint top and ruined my shirt with black ink! Wow, when it rains it pours.

Argh, I had website domain names that I lost and websites that I run WENT DOWN becuase they couldn't reregister my domain names becuase Chase messed up my account so bad. They are even putting GMTC at risk of going down if I can't pay my web host and I've got all of my money tied up in medical expense payments and I'm watching my budgets very tightly so I have everything all lined up and CHASE screwed it all up.

It's very hard to trust them moving forward.

Nearly two weeks later - things are pretty stable with my account. Hope they keep that way.