GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 3in body lift and 33s

so im going to do a 3in body lift on my truck and i want to run a true 33x12.5x17 tire on my truck. what backspacing/offset will i need to make these tires not rub? I was looking at the general grabber at2 and i can only find a load range C i would like a load range D since thats what my door sticker says. and my GVWR does not exceed the load range for the tires. and i can run 50 psi in them like my door sticker says. do you think i would be ok?

Is your truck a 1500 or 2500??
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Are you leveled? If not, crank a couple of inches for good measure and go with a wheel that is in the neighborhood of 5.5 -5.7" bs. And there is no need to run 50 psi in your tires. 35-40 will do just fine.

Just wondering, are you doing the body lift to run the 33's? im running 33's with just a leveling kit, no trimming nor any rubbing. as far as the body lift goes im not rly sure what would be needed?
    2004 gmc sierra ext z71 5.3
    PERFORMANCE...
    KB racing hot pipes 3.5" : 76mm turbo: 4l80e : Circle-d 2b multi disk :Walbro 400 : Racetronix Hotwire kit : TB coolant bypass : Nelson 91 Pcm : Tr 220 Cam : Brian Tooley double springs kit : Ls7 Lifters : Stage 3 heads : Custom Intake Manifold :80lb Injectors : Ported TB : 40k tranny cooler: Plx dm-100 gauge: Auto meter fuel and boost gauge:
    APPEARANCE...
    Custom Speedo : Leveling kit :Smoked led taillights and 3rd break light : Black projectors and fogs with hids : Blacked out grille : 33's on 16's : Clarion flip screen: sound que 12" subs: clerion 6x9's : Memhpis amps: Alpine componet set.
    Future mods... Detriot tru-trac, deviels own stage 2 meth kit, MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i already have 2 in blocks in the rear and my t bars already cranked and im running 285/75/16 but i want true 33 by 12.5, thats why im going with a body lift and i dont like leveling kits because i tow thus the reason why i wantd lrd tires. i also have LTs stock

Skyjacker makes a 3" suspension lift that is easier to put on than a bodylift. Yes its more money, but then if you ever want to go with a bigger tire you can add the bodylift then.

6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint

i really just want to do a 6in. and 35s but somehow school just has a way of spending my money first

I would just wait and save your money for the 6" lift and 35's. I know its hard to wait but if you get in a hurry you end up spending more money in the long run.

Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint