GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Need opinions!!!!

okay so i just got done de-bagging my truck i took of everything including the z71 sticker, after doing it and some further harassing from my mom who said i shouldn't have taken the z71 sticker off because its like a badge of honor or something like that, so my question is should i just leave it all black and clean or should i buy some z71 stickers to put back on and if i do buy them should i get the origional or a camo one so let me know what you think i want EVERYONES! opinion

thanks

zach
    2000 Chevy silverado Z71 5.3L V8 Ext Cab LT.
    -
    Hankook Dynapro ATM 285/70R/17
    - Helo 17'
    - Spectre Cold Air Intake
    - Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    -UWS Low Profile Tool Box

Look at my lastest photo album. You can see my black Z-71 is debadged and door moldings removed. Leave the Z-71 stickers off for awhile, you can always put them on later ( to keep mom happy LOL).
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

So you took the z71 stickers off today,, and you want to know if you should put them back on?

I personally like them on.

2009 Silverado 1500
    5.3L / 3.73 G80 / 4spd / 4x4 / LWB/ Ext Cab / HD Tow-Haul
    2.25in ReadyLift Level Kit / 3in blocks/ 3500lb HellWig / 265x65x17 Wrangler AT
    K&N Filter / AirRaid MIT / MagnaFlow 2.25" Dual Exhaust / HyperTech MaxEnergy

I have to confess. My passenger side Z-71 decal was removed when I had to have that side repainted after some rocks bounced off a dump truck ( CRAP). The drivers side is still on. I can't make up my mind. This was 5 years ago that the side got repainted. LOL. I have the decal in my workshop. I am leaning torwards removing the other decal.

6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint

Sr. Apprentice

thanks guys for the opinions i think i might just buy some just incase i ever decide to put them on, but which one should i buy the origional or a camo one

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Look at my lastest photo album. You can see my black Z-71 is debadged and door moldings removed. Leave the Z-71 stickers off for awhile, you can always put them on later ( to keep mom happy LOL).
    so you took off the bottom trim to i thought it was a pain in the ass to get the sticky stuff off the other emblems, does the trim have that stuff too? how did you remove that bottom trim?
    -
    - Helo 17'

The door moldings are on with two sided 3M tape. You just pull the moldings off. 3M makes a eraser wheel to take the two sided tape off, it goes in a battery drill or air die grinder. Most auto parts stores can get you the 3M eraser wheel. There not expensive.

Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint

Legend
    Blog Entries

I think the color of your truck has a bearing on whether to get the camo ones Zach. The camo might not look good on some colors, but that's your personal prefrence. If your mom's making the payments on your truck put them back on & keep her happy
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    I think the color of your truck has a bearing on whether to get the camo ones Zach. The camo might not look good on some colors, but that's your personal prefrence. If your mom's making the payments on your truck put them back on & keep her happy
    haha very true but its completely paid for now and all mine so ill do what i want in the end but its a black truck, ill probably just stick with the origional color and wait to put it back on for awhile but thanks man
    -
    - Helo 17'

You should get some magnetic Z71 decals! Then you can take them on/off whenever you want. Put them on when your mom is around, take them off when you want to be stealthy about your off-road capabilities, put them back on when other chicks who dig Z71's are around.

BTW I just made that up about the magnetic decals... I have no idea where you could get them although I'm sure you can order about anything on a magnet if you search online. I was just kidding though.
    Truck: 2005 GMC Sierra SLT
    Toy: 2006 Honda 599