Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Keyfob question
06-12-2011, 08:51 AM #1
Is there anyway if i buy a new keyfob for my 04 1500 that i can program it myself and not have to pay the dealer.
06-12-2011, 10:59 AM #2
Yep, follow this and you should be good to go.
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driverís door panel-continue to hold
down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock
the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until
the door locks and unlocks.
This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming
mode.2007 Silver Birch Metallic Sierra Classic SLE Crew Cab Z71
Line-X bed liner
Putco box rails
Truxedo Lo Pro QT box cover
Cloud-Rider grill inserts
By Steve in forum Chevy Keyless Entry RemotesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-08-2011, 07:10 AM
By Steve in forum Chevy Keyless Entry RemotesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-26-2011, 08:30 AM
By Samjhill22 in forum Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)Replies: 1Last Post: 02-17-2010, 12:50 PM