GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by

chase87, back in '96 when my Suburban was new I installed a ProComp 6" lift. It creeked and flexed just driving ON ROAD. I took it off after a year and installed a Rancho kit that is still on the 'Burb to this day. ProComp is made in India.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

You know a good marketing company can make even a turd look good.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

As mentioned above Fabtech is also a good kit.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Rockstarr, as Blackout07 said this is not a attack on your or any other R/C equipped truck on this site. But people come on this site for advice and info and we can only tell them about our experiance's with certain products. Again this is not a attack on anyone on this site.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Blog Entries

I installed a 4" suspension lift with rear blocks on my old '76. I have no complaints. I think cheap is usually put in the POS category for no good reason.
    Last edited by Big75; 09-03-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    This post has been rated MA LSV, and is intended for mature audiences. Reader discretion is advised. :fighting0037:
    ghst-_-R3CON83 ----------BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2----------------------

(This site won't let me add a real stat generator to my signature)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout07 View Post
    RC is cheap for good reason. Like mentioned above, the R&D of their products is seriously lacking. I had the RC 3" kit at one time and that was complete and total trash. Holes didn't line up, the ball joints were junk, etc. RC also thought it a good idea to drill out your spindles. My front end guy nearly went blind when I told him I drilled out my spindles. I am one of MANY who had major issues with BJ failure and alignment problems. RC was made well aware of the issues by us, the consumer, and they chose not to do anything about it and actually acted like there weren't any issues. But here we are in 2011 and now RC says, "The kit has been redesigned and we don't have anymore of those problems." So now they acknowledge that their kit sucked, but it only took them about 3-4 years? Seriously????

RC's 5" kit seems to be the only properly designed kit that they make, so it seems decent enough. But the 7.5" creation is laughable. Instead of desinging a larger kit, they decided to stretch out their 5" version. So you add larger strut spacers and 6.5" BLOCKS! So now you have a 7.5" of total lift with spindles that are only just large enough for the 5" version to go along with a 4-5" diff drop. Basically your CV angles are bad and will probably bind off road, and the upper ball joints are at even worse angles. They are so steep in fact that RC requires you to cut off the droop stops so the UCA's won't ride on them. Droop stops are there to limit down travel, so it's not a good idea to remove them. Throw in some junk shocks with maxed front end angles and rear blocks that are waaay to tall and you have truck that rides like a wagon.

Rockstar, I know you have the 7.5" and this isn't a personal attack against you or your truck. I don't know everything about lifts, but I do know that I don't like what RC did with the 7.5" kit.
    Yeah i would agree with the 7.5 inch kit no being up too far as potential as it should be being all the factors you said which most i knew about this before the lift. I havent had any problems so far and until i do i am happy with the Rough Country lift and if i have major issues then i will most likely get a Fabtech lift my buddy has one on his truck and loves it!

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

Big 75 you are talking apples to oranges. The old straight axle leaf sprung trucks are a different animal all together. The only upgrade for a leaf sprung truck is the spring rate of the packs, having them military wrapped, and if there is a antifriction material between the leafs to keep them from squeeking. The IFS truck is a much more involved process to lift.

so pretty much what everyone is coming up with is if you want a rough country lift go with the 5 inch?
    Chase

07 Chevy Silverado 4.8 Crew Cab 5 3/4 box
    readylift 2.25 level kit
    Magnaflow dual exhaust
    K&N Air filter
    Linex Bedliner

Blog Entries

guess I should have read into this thread more thoroughly. I thought we were talking about all lifts. So I still stand by my statement that they make a good sfa lift. The bushings have held up, the shocks are still good, and the paint hasn't peeled of the springs yet. what else could you ask for.

The RoughCountry springs do ride stiffer than a Skyjacker or Rancho spring. This is from personal experiance. Alot of people have never had the chance to compare the springs on the same truck.

Yeah i dont like the spring on the rough country lift it doesnt seem like it absorbs holes or bumps good at all... What are the best Fox shocks they have to offer because i want some really bad in a year or so..? I know it's prob gonna cost over a Grand but will be worth the money.

Rockstarr give King shocks a call. When I was looking to install their level kit on my truck I read something on their website about upgrades to BDS and Fabtech lifts. They may be able to make a set for your RC kit. It might take a little tome for them to be able to get it done but I would highly recommend their product to anyone. I am not a salesman for them but I am just that pleased with the product I have received from them.

Master Mechanic

i have had 2 rough country lifts, one for my old 2006 4x4 silverado i had and the one i have on my 93 now. i haven't had any troubles with anything i've had. i have installed both kits myself and had "used" the trucks pretty good. as for rc springs that i'm not sure about, both trucks i replaced the rear spring packs with 3/4 spring packs. i like the kits, they were easy to install in a weekend and so far haven't had any troubles with it. i know theres always going to be the "i think its crap, i think they are great" convo's but as far as my opinion on the kits they are a good setup for me. i'm not saying anything about any other lifts just stating what i think of my past and current kits..............;)

2002 Tahoe LT---------TINTED WINDOWS------------7" DUAL DVD INDASH

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by