GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    Rockstarr give King shocks a call. When I was looking to install their level kit on my truck I read something on their website about upgrades to BDS and Fabtech lifts. They may be able to make a set for your RC kit. It might take a little tome for them to be able to get it done but I would highly recommend their product to anyone. I am not a salesman for them but I am just that pleased with the product I have received from them.
    Thanks man i might do that. About how much would it cost to get the best ones they have installed all the way around my truck?

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

I am not sure. For my truck to get the coilovers and rear shocks it would be around $2000. That is 2 remote resevoir coilovers and 2 remote shocks for the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstarrchevy81 View Post
    Yeah i dont like the spring on the rough country lift it doesnt seem like it absorbs holes or bumps good at all... What are the best Fox shocks they have to offer because i want some really bad in a year or so..? I know it's prob gonna cost over a Grand but will be worth the money.
    Your springs are factory.

As Blackout07 said you have your stock springs. I believe R/C uses a 5.5" rear block and a add-a-leaf. What I would do is to get a set of Skyjacker softride rear springs (this ia what I have on my truck). They will lift your truck 5-5.5" and then add a small block or order a set of Deaver custom springs so you don't need a small block. Then get rid of those POS R/C shocks and get either Bilsteins, Fox or Kings shocks.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    As Blackout07 said you have your stock springs. I believe R/C uses a 5.5" rear block and a add-a-leaf. What I would do is to get a set of Skyjacker softride rear springs (this ia what I have on my truck). They will lift your truck 5-5.5" and then add a small block or order a set of Deaver custom springs so you don't need a small block. Then get rid of those POS R/C shocks and get either Bilsteins, Fox or Kings shocks.
    I was referring to there shocks they are no good at all ha. Also my lift doesnt have add a leaf i dont believe and its a 6.5 inch rear block not a 5.5 inch that is used with the 6 inch lift. Also the shocks in the rear are horrible they dont absorb the holes in the road... So the kit from fox or king shocks doesnt come with new shocks and springs? Aloxdaddy said i could prob call them and get them custom made for my lift would just cost lil bit more and wait time also i think i will go that route instead though.

I believe King only has front and rear shocks and coil springs for strut type suspension. You'll have to buy the rear leaf springs elsewhere. Deaver spring will custom build a set of rear springs per your spec's/request.

oh okay thanks man

Yes I was talking about shocks. The front is a coilover and the rear is just a remote shock so an AAL or new springs would be needed. Another way of getting a little bit of lift out of the rear that Jeeps use is a shackle lift. I do not know if they make them for full size trucks or not but that may be another avenue. The jeep guys use revolver shackles and it is supposed to help with suspension flex.

Thumbs down

Nope, don't want shackle lifts on fullsize GM. Induces lots of axle wrap/wheel hop, results in broken drive shaft at the minimum. Don't ask how I know this.

HMMM sounds like experience maybe? STB I do have a question for ya though. If you use the shackle flip I think you get 2" or so out of it I thought that is better than useing a lift block. The blocks will also induce axle wrap/wheel hop. I thought that with the shackle flip and lift shackles you can still use a stock spring so the spring doesn't have to have a real high arch which helps with the wheel hop/axle wrap and also gives a nicer ride.