GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 Last Post byLast Post by

I installed new lift springs on my trucks so I don't have any axle hop issues. Just speaking from experiance (broken drive shaft, crap) LOL.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

I won't go against experience. I was looking into ORD's shackle flip and shackle lift. With the history they have in off roading would think they wouldn't sell something that would cause harm to a vehicle. But than again money talks I guess. Thank you for your insight.

Just like everything else you buy, theres a market for inexpensive (cheap) parts. Theres people out there that shop strickly for a cheap price, others just don't have the income to do it right so thats why you see ALOT of cheap products on the market. I can't tell you all the parts we tried that were advertised as the greatest thing since sliced bread and turned out to be junk. As I've said on this site before, a marketing company can make even a turd look good. I can never understand how people can invest so much money in a new truck and then buy cheap parts for it. Yes some people don't know about the cheap junk so thats why I tell people to do there homework/research when buying parts for there trucks.

i absolutely agree with that. see it all the time at the parts store i work at. "oh i want the cheap one" ok not my fault when it breaks and your out of warantee because you couldnt spend a couple extra dollars for lifetime parts. frustrating.
    Chase

07 Chevy Silverado 4.8 Crew Cab 5 3/4 box
    readylift 2.25 level kit
    Magnaflow dual exhaust
    K&N Air filter
    Linex Bedliner

what do you guys think of rough countrys 1.25 body lift? looks legit to me.

Sr. Mechanic

The Offroad Design shackle flip "should" give you 4 inches with a stock shackle. I have a kit from DIY 4X and a stock shackle with a procomp 4" spring to gain my lift. Swapping the location/direction of the shackle will help with the axle hop. The stock design gives a good ride and thats about all.

As far as the Rough Country kit or kits, this company has been around long time and is certianly filling a nich in the 4x4 market. The lifts and equipment they sell may be on the low end as far as price but they do allow for the more price concerned owner to have a lifted truck.

Not all lifts are created the same and you get what you pay for. If your truck is more of a mall crawler you will get what you want, but if your gonna hit a trail and hit it hard SPEND the money you wont be disappointed.

91 Suburban

D44/14BFF w/Disc conv - Yukon 4:88's - Yukon Grizzly Lockers F/R -13" lift - DIY4x Shackle Flip - 37 ATZ on 18 MT Classics - Doug Thorley headers - Magnaflow - Holley Pro Jection Intake - Ultimate TBI mods - Hydroboost Brake Conversion - Hysteer-X Over Conversion.

(Coming up - Fuel Injected 383 Stroker - Divorced NP205 - D60 - 40" tires)

I have a 2012 silverado 1500 extended cab. I put the 7.5 rough country suspension kit in my truck and like it, but I have a vibration I noticed in the front end when I engage the 4wd. I didnt run the 4wd since it was summer when I installed this kit, but when i started to use the 4wd this winter I noticed it.. the only thing that rough country said is to check the differential drop brackets to make sure they are tight.. any other thoughts? My chevy dealer basically just blamed it on the lift. the truck only has 6,000 miles.

any ideas? or have you heard anything like this?

thanks guys

@durf700 i had a 7.5 RCX lift on my truck for a lilttle over a year, went through 2 ball joints, a wheel bearing, cv axle and a set of tires. the tires had about 10,000 miles on them and were shot. your best bet, is to take that lift off there, scrap it and save up to get either a FTS, TCS, FabTech, ProComp, or other such brand that is higher end pricing. i personally now run a TCS lift with adjusable coilovers and love it, rides just as good as factory. very smooth ride, great all around lift, it was difficult to install as is any lift. it is a full 7in drop for everything. Very well built California lifts.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

thanks for the advise... yikes.. I figured since I don't go off road this kit would be ok for a road truck.. I still think something is up with that vibration.. I am gonna check out the differential drop brackets to make sure they are good and tight.. other than that I have no idea. I called Rough Country to see if they could reach out to other 2012 silverado owners that are on they picture forums and they didn't know if they could or not. Either way its gonna be interesting resolving this problem.

I have 2010 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 with the 5 inch lift with the 2.2 performance shocks. I have had the lift for about 50,000+ miles now and have had no problems I put Micky Thompson ATZ 305 55r 20 on it. I ran it through mud, sand, snow, hauled my boat and other stuff you name it. I do get pissed at the crappy stock splash guard that protects the lower part of the engine cant handle water at 50+ mph they need to make a metal replacement. Other than that I haven't had a problem. Even had it airborne a few times and it did fine. Haven't had any problems with 4 wheel drive. I am looking at replacing the font coil overs just to improve the ride. And that is because its the stock suspension. Any suggestions cant afford fox or King. Thinking Bilistin or Ranchro?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0572.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	57102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0563.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	57101

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 Last Post byLast Post by