GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

I just installed the 1.25" body lift in my 2012 Silverado 1500 which has the 7.5 inch suspension lift in it as well. My 35's were rubbing when I was turning sharp with my fender flares and driving me nuts... hopefully this will solve the problem..

Jr. Apprentice

just want to share some thoughts; I've run a lot of rough country stuff. most of the issues I have ever had is with springs and shocks. their shocks suck. go with bilstein. but their hard parts have held up for me. however, after all these years of modding vehicles I've learnt one thing; price doesn't guarantee quality. just because one kit is 1000$ more than the other, doesn't make it better if all the parts are the same/similar. again, i'm a jeep guy, so in that realm its easy to see differences. but a 'cheap' kit in my eyes, is one that skimps on needed parts; not the price; and if a company has the same components in a kit at a higher price, it doesn't make the kit better. at the end of the day certain parts are needed to make it ride properly. they don't need to be the highest priced on the market to make the rig ride well. I have a buddy that has an RC lift on his duramax. no issues what so ever. its the 5" or whatever. again, it all comes down to research. just my .02. I will be ordering their 2.5" kit for my 13' because its cheap and theres no difference between that and most other companies
    05' GMC Sierra 1500 quad cab 5.3L Daily Driver and tow rig

lol, You will never settle this debate, but its fun to read about it each time it comes up, like all things, I like this and you like that, such is life.
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

I can't say much about the debate, just put the 5" on my truck this weekend. But I will say anyone who wants a mild lift with 33s, I would look at any of the companies that make a 4". I spent over a month calling shops and driving to them just to have them all tell me they wouldn't install this kit. Then I had a ton of places tell me they couldn't align me because 5" makes it too tall for their alignment lifts, but most said they could do it if I had a 4" not a 5". And if you do it yourself like I ended up doing, ask questions. There were a lot of things that were lacking in the instructions.

Airaid. Borla. Blackbear. RCX.

The Squatcherado!

Quote Originally Posted by squatchy View Post
    I can't say much about the debate, just put the 5" on my truck this weekend. But I will say anyone who wants a mild lift with 33s, I would look at any of the companies that make a 4". I spent over a month calling shops and driving to them just to have them all tell me they wouldn't install this kit. Then I had a ton of places tell me they couldn't align me because 5" makes it too tall for their alignment lifts, but most said they could do it if I had a 4" not a 5". And if you do it yourself like I ended up doing, ask questions. There were a lot of things that were lacking in the instructions.
    as far as alignment goes. I always took my truck to a frame shop that handled big rigs. They never had an issue getting it on the rack and I was running 38.5's. sure you are going to pay $20 more, but it gets done.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Yeah thats where I ended up getting it done

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345