GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: SS Bumper

Default SS Bumper

Im wanting to put a SS bumper just on the front of my truck, not trying to have a full knock off SS truck just thinking SS bumper will look better with the scheme of my truck...what you guys think? think the SS bumper will stick out to much without the cladding on sides?

Josh-Tennesse

im going to do the same here before to long would look good dude
    2004 gmc sierra ext z71 5.3
    PERFORMANCE...
    KB racing hot pipes 3.5" : 76mm turbo: 4l80e : Circle-d 2b multi disk :Walbro 400 : Racetronix Hotwire kit : TB coolant bypass : Nelson 91 Pcm : Tr 220 Cam : Brian Tooley double springs kit : Ls7 Lifters : Stage 3 heads : Custom Intake Manifold :80lb Injectors : Ported TB : 40k tranny cooler: Plx dm-100 gauge: Auto meter fuel and boost gauge:
    APPEARANCE...
    Custom Speedo : Leveling kit :Smoked led taillights and 3rd break light : Black projectors and fogs with hids : Blacked out grille : 33's on 16's : Clarion flip screen: sound que 12" subs: clerion 6x9's : Memhpis amps: Alpine componet set.
    Future mods... Detriot tru-trac, deviels own stage 2 meth kit, MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

POst up a pic of your truck and lets see... Are you looking at the one from Street Scene?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Yes im looking at getting the one from street scene or stylin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 179319_196010423742857_100000017033998_773453_1031280_n.jpg  

If you go to CST suspensions GM/Chevy gallery they have a black Denali lifted p/u that I think is wicked looking with the Denali bumper cover. Check it out.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	179319_196010423742857_100000017033998_773453_1031280_n.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	28030
    This is the truck i wanna put it on.

Are you going with a Street Scene cover or OEM? If you're going OEM be prepared to pay! To do it properly you're looking at around $1000. I have the OEM cover, both brake ducts, all the grilles and all six brackets and I have around $700 in it, still waiting to get the cover painted, quote for that was $275. I've been planning on adding the SS bumper for about 2 years and still haven't got around to it, seems like something else always comes up, but hopefully in the next few weeks I might get it done!
    Adam

i have a ss bumper, for sale if anyone interested, not OEM, made out of fiberglass... bought it from a fellow member on here but never got around to putting it on and now i got a new truck and it wont fit on it, send me a pm if anyone is interested

2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
    22" Boss 313 Series
    8,000K HID Lights
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    Drop Kit
    Tinted Windows
    Blacked Out Third Brake Light

Mond's To DO:
    Darker Tint Rear Windows
    Paint Bowtie White
    Or
    Get a Chrome Bowtie

OLD TRUCK RIP
    2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext
    Exhaust w/Chrome Tip
    2 In. Rear Shackle Drop
    Window Tint
    HID Light Kit-8000K
    22" Boss 313 Series
    Painted Front Grille & Bowtie

I like the ss bumpers on your year truck. If you get the one from street scenes make sure whoever paints it not only sands it well during prep but uses a cleaner to remove the mold release agent.....if not your paint won't stick as well.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    I like the ss bumpers on your year truck. If you get the one from street scenes make sure whoever paints it not only sands it well during prep but uses a cleaner to remove the mold release agent.....if not your paint won't stick as well.

Thanks for the heads up man. Im thinking about getting one from stylin.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Are you going with a Street Scene cover or OEM? If you're going OEM be prepared to pay! To do it properly you're looking at around $1000. I have the OEM cover, both brake ducts, all the grilles and all six brackets and I have around $700 in it, still waiting to get the cover painted, quote for that was $275. I've been planning on adding the SS bumper for about 2 years and still haven't got around to it, seems like something else always comes up, but hopefully in the next few weeks I might get it done!
    Haha yeah i know what ya mean about the whole OEM thing. Im gonna try and stay away from there if i can help it but we will have to see.