GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default status report on the old behemoth

earlier this week i finally was able to get in to the shop at school and put in my new sway bar links. well the truck was on the lift i had the time to look and think about what might be my next project(s). since i put in the new links it brought new life to the front suspension its so much firmer and smooth.

but while doing the work to put in the new links i found out that my brake routers are shot and i really need new brake pads. but whats weird is my brakes really dont feel shot theyre still really responsive and firm still. my big problem is at the moment i dont have very much cash and my schools shop is very basic so my teacher said i probally cant do the new brakes there. any suggustions on cheap fix or how to keep going on with same brakes and routers or what damage might it cause.

also does anyone know where to get lenses for the lights on doors(the white and red ones that really serve no purpose but still look nice)

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Sr. Apprentice

1. Change your brake pads and rotors. Why in the world would you want to cheap out on your brakes. They are one of the more important systems on your vehicle.

2. Dealer or junk yard for the lenses. Check online at a Chevy parts web site.