GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 92 Regular Cab Z71, 35 inch Mickeys, RECOMMEND A LIFT PLEASE!!!

Hey Guys,

I'm not new to auto forums, been an active supporting member of 2 Jeep forums for 3 years. HOWEVER, I just sold my jeep, and bought a 92 Regular Cab C1500 Z71 with the 5.7 350. Of course, it's 4x4, lol.

I just got the truck last night. The seller put a brand new set of 315/75/16 Mickey T Baja MTZ' s on the truck. He installed the Ford Keys, but didn't lift the truck, so the tires are rubbing when I turn...DUH!!

Anyway, I'm looking for advice on the best way to eliminate the tire rub and lift the truck. From a half hour of google research, I'm finding that there aren't alot of options, or at least, I'm not finding them. I've found a Fabtech kit, and a Rancho kit, but think that there's gotta be more out there I'm just not looking in the right place or something.

SO, I'm reaching out to you guys for advice. I'm gonna search the forum's previous posts as well, but because I'm looking for a fast answer so I can get this done asap and eliminate additional wear on these brand new tires, I started this new post.

How high do I need to go? I'm thinking at least 3 inches, but the more the merrier!

I wanna do it right....money isn't my concern, the job done right is. I want it to last and don't want to end up spending more money in the future on driveline/suspension/front end repairs because the job was halfway done.

I wanna find the best price on it, and would love to support a forum vendor if able to!!

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP IN ADVANCE!

Welcome to the club. You will need a 6" lift in order to run the Mickeys and MAY have to trim the front bumper a LITTLE. Fabtech makes good quality kits, BUT for your year/body style truck there kit moves the front wheels out 2" each side while the rears stay in the stock position. It looks like ass. Years ago a customer had us install a Fabtech kit on his '96 Chevy (we told him not to) and when he saw the truck he didn't even take the truck home. He paid us to remove the kit and had us installed a Rancho kit. I have the same Rancho kit on my '96 Suburban. Its a great kit because it has a 1-piece weld subframe and the upper control arm brackets are boxed in and gusseted. Its been on the 'Burb since '97. Great kit. One last thing, when you look at the pictures in Fabtech's catolog for your truck they never show a picture head on because then you can see how far out the wheels/tires stick out. They always have a side/angle picture.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Legend
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the club. X2 on STBs assessment of the Fabtech kit. I saw one with the FT kit & it looked horrendous. They stuck so far out, that they looked like they were mounted on the truck next to it
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Sr. Mechanic
    Blog Entries

look at this page. it will give you a lot of different options for your truck. when someone asks me about a lift, I just this site. Good luck to ya.

http://rockymountainsusp.com/GM_IFS.htm

07 Silverado 1500 5.3L extended cab
    4" Rancho Suspension lift with Adjustable Shocks
    2" Leveling kit
    1.5" Zone Offroad body lift
    35x12.50 R 18 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    Ranch Hand Grille Guard
    Ranch Hand Rear Bumper
    Tow mirrors
    Color matched grey/silver Bushwacker fender flares
    Dual exhaust from cats back with X pipe coming out 5" tips
    Black Tool box
    Edge CTS Programmer
    Proliner Spray in bedliner
    20% tint all the way around

Quote Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachZ71 View Post
    I wanna do it right....money isn't my concern, the job done right is. I want it to last and don't want to end up spending more money in the future on driveline/suspension/front end repairs because the job was halfway done.
    If you want to keep your truck IFS, then look at the BDS lift, Rancho or Superlift kit. Best three out there for our trucks.

However, if you're worried about keeping the front end together, I'd go Solid Front Axle. A dana44, 14 bolt is so common now with the GMT400 trucks, and there is lot's of info. My Tahoe is going SFA at some point, Dana60 and 14Bolt FF.

1995 Chevy Tahoe