GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Programmer Questions...

I have a Banks Automind Programmer for my 05 chevy 6.0 v8. The programmer has many different programs i could put into the truck. My cousin has the same truck but a gmc its an 05 6.0 v8. If i have one program in my truck could we put a different one in his truck? Or do I have to set mine back to stock to put anything on his?

you have to set yours back to stock. if you put yours back to stock then try and do his then if you put a performance tune on his then try to do your then you will lose his stock tune....im not 100% positive on all this i am new with the tuner as well but i wouldnt recommend trying to do that. they make them so you can do that cause if you could then they wouldnt make any money and everyone would be sharing there programmers. i recommend him to just buy one... i dont know what you paid for yours but i just bought the diablo predator for 269 brand new free shipping from truck customizers.com. i love it so far tons of options
    2006 chevy Z71 5.3 L33
    pro comp torsion keys
    pro comp xtreme alloy rims
    firestone destination m/t tires
    K&N series 77 cai
    Diablo sports predator
    dynomax ultra flo ss single 3" cat back

X2, they only tune one truck at a time.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

So if I set mine back to stock, then put a tune on his truck it would work
    ... then take it off and return his to stock i can use it again back on my truck? correct?

correct. the tuner is "tied" to a vehicle once you tune it, take a vehicle back to stock and it "unties" to that one and you can use it one something else.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Your trucks ECM has a electronic vin#, the programmer locks to that ECM's vin #. The programmer will only lock-on to 1 ECM vin# at a time. You can lock and unlock it to as many truck years as Banks has programmed in the programmer. Example, I have a Diablo I purchased back in '05, it will tune any '04-'05 Silverado one a a time.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses: