GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default if you have a predator....how do you have yours set up

if you have a pedator how is your set up...specifics...air/fuel and such. what year and model is your vehicle with the tune and engine class.

mine is a 2006 silverado Z71 5.3 L33
    all the truck has right now is K&N 77 serier cai
    i did the 87 octane tune
    eleminated fuel shut off
    maxed out shift firmness and quicker shift.
    thats all i did till i figure this thing out more
    2006 chevy Z71 5.3 L33
    pro comp torsion keys
    pro comp xtreme alloy rims
    firestone destination m/t tires
    K&N series 77 cai
    Diablo sports predator
    dynomax ultra flo ss single 3" cat back

You want to adjust the Long Term Fuel Trims. On Diablo's website it tells you how to do this in the GM Preditor parameters explained section. Its under the injector slope section. Look at the Determining long term fuel trims. Follow these instructions. It takes time and maybe several times to get the LTFT's adjusted but its worth it. Everyone on this site that has taken the time to do this adjustment say it makes a differance. You need to have your Preditor set at live data so you can look at the LTFT's while driving. Its best to have someone drive so you can look at the Preditors screen. You want to get your LTFT's between 0 and -2. I got mine to 0 and -1.56. The drivers and passenger side will not have the same #'s, this is normal. I ended up taking -8% out of mine to get it adjusted to the 0 and -1.56. Every truck is differant so don't try to tune your truck with someones else's adjustments. I know this looks hard but its not. I learned ALOT looking at there forums. My truck is a '05 5.3 Z-71.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hey Silver.. when you adjust the long term fuel trims, what kind of difference are you talking about? ive been looking at them to. and know very little about the fuel trims etc. but if you say it is worth it im just wondering what it is making a difference in?
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

The throttle response is much better, more power overall and better mpg's. Its well worth the time to do. Also I turned my idle up 100rpms, this helped that little stumble when first stepping on the gas.

ok i am def gonna do it i have been doing a lot of research on diablosports site and diablews site and downloaded software and stuff. can i just get on the freeway and set the cruise to were my truck will keep a steady rpm range and my predator will log and save all the info. then i export it to my pc and run it through the software stuff

Yes, the freeway is the best place to do this. You have to keep your rpm's above 1,800 and not above 2,400. When your looking at the live data the LTFT's will keep changing. When they quit changing/lock-in then thats the number you have to adjust. Sometimes it takes 20-30 minutes of driving to get this locked in. The number may start moving again but go buy the first numbers that locked in. When you go to adjust the numbers make sure you turn off the truck. You only what the truck turned on when your in the live data section of the Preditor. When I adjusted my truck I did it early in the am so I didn't have to worry about other traffic.