GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Default Is it me or.....

.....is the world populated by complete morons. I get on the interstate today and managed to weave my way to the front of rolling road block caused by a failure to abide by the basic rules of interstate travel: Slower Traffic Keep Right. I guess it is me. But if I am in the left lane and there is a car behind me, I will either speed up or change lanes. Apparently, having 1/2 of a mile of cars bumper to bumper is not enough for some people to get the hint.

Shortly before entering Hell, a.k.a. Columbia South Carolina, the highway splits with two lanes going straight and two breaking right. I looked to see if the guy to my right might want to merge left. He had been running at a steady speed but then sped up a little and backed off as if he were not sure what he wanted to do. Since his signal was NOT on, I figured he and I were both going to the right. A split second later he was in my lane. I swerved, hit the brakes and horn at the same time to avoid the accident. With both hands palm up, I gave him the WTF look when he looked in his mirror while turning on his signal to indicated that he was finished with his lane change.

The return trip was not much better. The traffic crawled out of the city, the interstate being little more than a Walmart parking lot without the IQ. After a while, I noticed a thunderstorm in the distance. With dry cars approaching from the opposite direction, the brake lights come on as if there is an accident. A little while later there are a few drops of rain.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with pulling over if you cannot see or are afraid. Personally, I recommend the emergency lane for this purpose. Stopping on the edge of the grass of the LEFT LANE tends to be a dangerous since you really have no way to accelerate. If there are torrents of rain water on the interstate, the risk of being hit by a hydroplaning vehicle are just a wee bit higher.

Perhaps if I were going more than 10 miles an hour it would have been harder to see. I guess we will never know. It was not like I was late arriving at the storm and missed the bulk of it. The winds, thunder and lightening were such that I was looking in the event there was a funnel cloud in the distance. I cringed when I saw the hail because I was in my toy, not the Suburbeast. You cannot sit much lower to the road than I was and it just was not that bad. Needless to say, I got off the interstate and finished my trip home on the back roads.

I drive 65 mph on the interstate going to work so I am no stranger to the right lane. When I do pass, if there is a another car gaining on me, I either speed up or wait until it passes.

I guess I skipped school too much as a teenager. Apparently changing lanes and making the rest of the world conform to your cruise control setting is considered courteous and safe driving practice. LOL

I hear you! Some people are just in there own little world.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

I never had a problem with that in PA. You could actually get a ticket for doing just that. Here in NC there is no such thing as a hammer lane. The slow drivers ride where they want with the cell phone to the ear.

dude i know what your talking about i used to live in columbia lol. and its the same in the lowcountry ppl down here are retarded too. i swear i wish i could run ppl off the road sometimes or it should be legal to punch stupid ppl in the face as long as there is a good reason
    The only dumb question is the one that was not asked.:neutral:

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Come up to NY/NJ sometime.. They say that on the GSP If you are in the left lane and holding up other cars YOU can get the ticket.. AND there are signs that say Keep right pass left....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Go down to Florida, thats where all the New Yorkers retire and move to so they can drive slow. Thats where Enkeiavalanche is going to move when he gets old.

MN is horrible for people just sitting in the left lane....im not nice to the people that do that either....ill ride them until i can get around and then cut them off(i have really bad road rage when it comes to the left lane) sadly ive noticed up here any ways most of the vehicles that ride in the left lane holding up faster traffic are women on cell phones.....go figure right?
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Legend
    Blog Entries

The biggest problems with the morons starting the rolling roadblocks (other than cell phones, & texting) is that they NEVER look in their rear view mirrors. The exception to this of course, is the women who are putting on their makeup grrrrr.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Go down to Florida, thats where all the New Yorkers retire and move to so they can drive slow. Thats where Enkeiavalanche is going to move when he gets old.

Been there done that NO THANKS!!!!! I'll stay up north and teach you southerners how to drive in the White stuff.... (Snow)....

Its a deal, Enkeiavalanche!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by