GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Default When you think you have had a bad day....

...found out my brother was car-jacked at the grocery store last Tuesday. Thank God he was not injured. Guy came up right after he got in the car at the grocery store and pulled a gun and told him to get out or he would kill him. He was on the other side of town from where he lives now but he is thinking about changing the locks though the cops told him they have never heard of someone coming to the home of someone they stole a car from.

But hey, they have the addy from the registration. What would you guys do?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

It's been done.. Are his house keys also on the same key chain? If so YES!!! Do it fast.. But it could also be just some kids wanting to joy ride..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I would change the locks. I look at it as cheap insurance. It most likely is some punk kid. If it was me it would give me a little peace of mind.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Definitely change the locks & if your brother doesn't have a gun, loan him one of yours so at least it's a fair fight if the azzhole shows up.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Legend
    Blog Entries

It was an older guy. Brother thinks he was on something. Probably a good idea to get a locksmith to come out to the house. He lives with my mom now as he has a bad hip and mom has dementia. It happened a good ways away from mom's house but you never know.

Sorry to hear about that. Probably just in the wrong place at the wrong time, but I know I'd sleep better at night if it was me.

Protected by Smith & Wesson comes to mind.