GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Master Mechanic

Default Brake Caliber Stencil

Hey guys I love the look of how performance cars have Corvette, Camaro, Mustang, Viper, ect painted on their calibers. Mine are already painted black, but was thinking of adding Silverado or Z71 in red. Any ideas or thoughts of how it might be done? Its probably so simple but im not thinking of it. Thanks
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

you could make your own stencil, print out the letters/ design you want, tape the paper with the designs to a piece of oaktag paper and cut it out with an X-acto knife. Take your stencil, tape it to the caliper and tape off the rest of the caliper, then apply your paint and a healthy amount of clearcoat.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Adampaul1964 did his brakes with some lettering. Maybe you can PM him. He had some pictures postd.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Yes it was Adam's truck with the painted/lettered calipers. You can see them on page#2 of his photo album. His says calipers have Silverado on them.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Yeah, I used the G2 caliper paint (E-bay) and added a hi-temp decal. I found the decal on E-bay a couple of years ago but I haven't seen them since. I've had many inquiries about them and the only info I have is a web address that was on the envelope that they came in.
    http://tunerdecals.com/

Here's the pics of what I did.

Adam

Master Mechanic

Looks sweet man. I am thinking of getting those decals in red or silver as my calibers are black
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .