GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Air bag light flashes.. cruise shuts off.

I hesitate to bother taking my 08 Silverado to the dealer for this as I'm sure they won't find the problem. On a 600 mile trip.. twice.. the air bag ready light flashed about four times and the cruise just turned off! Anyone else have this problem? I know it's not a biggie, but it is annoying> Thanks, Sluggo (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo / NY View Post
    I hesitate to bother taking my 08 Silverado to the dealer for this as I'm sure they won't find the problem. On a 600 mile trip.. twice.. the air bag ready light flashed about four times and the cruise just turned off! Anyone else have this problem? I know it's not a biggie, but it is annoying> Thanks, Sluggo (Chris)
    Chris....In the 2008" Silverado Owners Manual it states the following regarding the Air Bag (Light) on Coming on and/or Flashing While Driving,

.......If the Airbag readiness light stays on after you start the Vehicle or Comes on when you are Driving, your Airbag system may not work properly. The light coming on is telling you there is an electrical problem, with the Air bag System.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Had this problem with my 09. Took it to the dealer, apparently there is an airbag sensor under the passenger seat with an exposed connection. My maglite rolled under the seat and touched it causing it to come loose or something which triggered the light. I would check for that sensor and make sure the connection is good.

Cheers,

2009 Silverado 1500
    5.3L / 3.73 G80 / 4spd / 4x4 / LWB/ Ext Cab / HD Tow-Haul
    2.25in ReadyLift Level Kit / 3in blocks/ 3500lb HellWig / 265x65x17 Wrangler AT
    K&N Filter / AirRaid MIT / MagnaFlow 2.25" Dual Exhaust / HyperTech MaxEnergy

Has your concern been addressed? I would also recommend contacting your local dealership for more assistance. I can also look into this for you. In order to do so, I will need the VIN for the vehicle. Please feel free to contact me via private message as well. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.