GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

I remember Rain Dance. I am pretty sure it was made by DuPont, which is no longer in the consumer product side of automotive finish products. They do still sell two grades of consumer rubbing compound, however.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

I wash and dry my truck. Then I claybar it. I then use a foam pad on my buffer and use Meguire's #7 pure polish. It looks like a mirror when done with that step. Finally, I use a paste wax like turtle wax or a meguiers paste. That seems to seal the polish and I can get a good 6 months out of it still looking like a mirror. Before winter rolls around I always put a coat of nufinish on it. It goes all winter and everytime I wash it, it shines like crazy.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Just detailed front half of my Infiniti.

1. wash with Turtle Wax Blue Ice car soap;
    2. clay bar all paint surfaces to be detailed (Mequiars or 3M)
    3. RO polisher set on a high speed, Sonus white polishing pad - Sonus Swirl Mark Remover on all panels;
    4. go over panels with 3M Imperial Hand Glaze;
    5. liquid Mother's Pure Carnuba Wax.

I use other products as well. Before this detailing, I had gone over the front half of the car with Klasse All In One. It works great as a light cleaner (non abrasive), takes out most water spots and dirt, and leaves a weather resistant coating.

If I have more cleaning to do and don't have a lot of time, I use Kit Wax after going over with a clay bar, or Super Hard Shell Turtle Wax after the clay bar. Both will do a great job of cleaning the paint in one step, and leave a durable wax finish.

Jr. Apprentice

I use Griot's cleaner wax, works really well!

Only 1 Wax ever touches my truck, cars and boat, and thats Zaino Polish Products

http://www.zainostore.com/
    Gary-Western Maryland
    2011 Silverado/2005 Mustang/1960 Jeep

I really like Liquid Lustre (the pink stuff), and Zymol is really good as well.

I mostly use turtle wax and also use mothers. Never had any luck with meguiars. Seemed to last half of what the other two do. I typically hand wax 4 or 5 times a year with the turtle wax ice in between.
    Ryan
    2004 Silverado
    20" Fuel Octane
    285/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT IIs
    db Exhaust by Corsa

sorry if im intruding on this thread but everyone here seems to know what there talking about. has anyone ever heard of FW! wash and wax. i was at costco and they were selling the cans in 3packs. they are aerosol cans and they say wash and wax on it. i have a 12 silverado that i purchased last summer and im not sure if i want to try it. i dont want to remove any clear coat or risk ruining my paint. my first brand new vehicle. my gf wants to try it on her 08 G5 but i dont want to steer her in a bad direction either. the rep that was at costco said this is new to canada. so im hoping fellow members in the U.S or places in canada that had it before i saw it may have heard of this stuff.

yay..nay? any input would be welcomed thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130417_190528.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	51523

I like the Adams line of products... I recommend getting a sealer on first... it will protect your paint from oxidation... then wax. I usually apply mine with machine buffer/polisher. If you go with and orbital buffer you clay bar it first.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Quote Originally Posted by dutzowmo View Post
    I typically hand wax 4 or 5 times a year with the turtle wax ice in between.
    Turtle Wax Ice, here, too. I use paste, not the liquid, as I have more control over how much is used.

I also use the same brand spray detailer while claying.