GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: 1972 Chevy

Default 1972 Chevy

Hey everyone. I am 22 years old and am on active duty in the US Navy. I have driven trucks my whole life and just bought a 1972 C20. The guy who had it before me took good care of it and I am excited to make the few modifications it still needs then finally do some body work and paint it. I am originally from Wyoming but am now stationed in Virginia.

Eric

Show us some pictures, I just recently painted my truck. I used a single stage paint, it's real easy and I could give you some pointers.
    Mikey Jones/Orlando, FL 1998 Silverado

Welcome aboard and thanks for your service Eric. Sounds like a great truck, x2 on pics!
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Welcome to the club ,Eric. X3 on the pictures.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Legend
    Blog Entries

WElcome aboard!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Legend
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the club Eric, & thanks for your service
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Default Hey evryone

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will try to get some new pictures up tomorrow. I am getting in my new Edelbrock carburetor in the morning and I will upload some pics of the install.

I was thinking of putting in a better transmission. someone suggested a M22 "Rock Crusher", anyone have any advice. I found a company that does custom transmission rebuilds so if anyone has any ideas of the perfect transmission let me know.

Thanks

Eric

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Well if you can get away for a weekend take a ride to Pa for the Truck show in Carlisle.. Lots of parts for your ride.... Aug 5-7th
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I really like the look of early 70's C20's, nice ride! Are you looking at a manual or automatic tranny? What's your budget?
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I am going for a manual transmission, I am saving money and buying things as I can afford them. I found a company that sells rebuilt M22's and T-10's for under 2,000 but there are so many options to choose from and i really don't know what is best for my truck, I do plan on doing some towing through the mountains of Wyoming so i do like the granny gear that is in the stock tranny. but at the same time i do want something that I can have some fun on the street with. The company is Garage Motor Sports, all of their transmissions are within my price range both new and refurbished, but I would rather get the best one i can for the least amount of money.

And I think I might be able to make that car show, I will try to get the time off work.

thanks

Eric

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by