GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

After I read this last night I googled the hydro dipping process. It said it took like 3 to 4 weeks to get it done. Did it take you that long to get your stuff back? I saw one pattern that looked like snake skin that came in a brushed aluminum color that I may look into. Let us know how the durability is of this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    After I read this last night I googled the hydro dipping process. It said it took like 3 to 4 weeks to get it done. Did it take you that long to get your stuff back? I saw one pattern that looked like snake skin that came in a brushed aluminum color that I may look into. Let us know how the durability is of this stuff.
    The problem I ran in to was that there is nobody in Tucson that does it. There is a place here that builds custom rock crawlers and 4x4's that is in the process of training their staff and getting the hydro dipping equipment. But they are a month or more out before they start offering it to customers.

I got quotes from companies in Texas and back east and they quoted 3-4 weeks. Mainly because you had to ship them the item - so it could take a week to ship if you sent it ground. Then they would have to ship it back.

I did finally find to places in phoenix... Fesler Built is a custom hot rod shop in Scottsdale and they quoted me 3 weeks - Triad quoted me a week and a half and thats about what it took.

If you can find someone local and depending on their work load - might take less time. The process is simple - they sand the part, etch it, apply base coat, dip, and finally add a clear coat.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Default Bezels installed!

Ok, got the bezels Wednesday and installed them that night. I ended up taking the 2 lower plastic parts off and the 2 glove box doors to have him do them in a black carbon fiber....should have those back the weekend of the 8th!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-06-29_17-06-56_970.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	28335Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-06-29_17-06-27_116.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	28334Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-06-29_17-06-36_298.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	28336

Those look awesome. I can't wait to see the carbon fiber.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Wow that looks awesome, I might have to get my dash bezel hydrodipped now lol.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

That is one cool mod! I like it a lot, adds a real custom touch.
    Adam

Legend
    Blog Entries

I like the pattern you chose Sstoner. Saw that process for the first time on American Chopper where they did a mc gas tank. Hard to understand how it works but sounds pretty durable
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    I like the pattern you chose Sstoner. Saw that process for the first time on American Chopper where they did a mc gas tank. Hard to understand how it works but sounds pretty durable
    It seems as durable as any paint job, I was concerned with putting the 2 power plugs back in the radio/AC bezel because the snap back in really hard. Even with some pressure to get them snapped in the finish never chipped or scratched around the edge where they go.

that looks awesome. cant wait to see when you get the other pieces back. definately a cool mod
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

That looks awesome! I never knew the process was called hydro dipping and now I think I might have to look into it. Way to get creative.
    Andy
    05 Silverado 1500 Z71 Until 6/5/12

Straight Pipe Dual Exhaust
    LED Third Brake Light
    Ram Air Cowl Induction Hood
    Edelbrock Shorty Headers
    DeBadged