GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 1996 GMC Jimmy - Hesitation/Sputtering In 3rd Gear

I have a 1996 GMC Jimmy and everytime the truck is in 3rd gear (somewhere around 40-50mph) the truck seems to have hesitation or a sputtering feeling. When I accelerate up to 55-60mph that hesitation is no longer there. What could be causing this? The truck has 240,000 miles on but still runs really good and has a lot of power.

When was the last time you had the transmission fluid changed? Also, is this the original trans and if so has it been rebuilt?
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

It is the original transmission. Also, it has been quite a while since I have had the transmission fluid changed.

Try having the transmission flushed and changing the fluid and see if that alleviates the issue.