GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Tonneau cover recommendations?

Well I had a BakFlip G2 for the past 3 years. But two times this year alone. Not the best quality and this spring/summer it has come unlocked twice while driving down the highway tearing itself up (and part of my truck in the process)

Since I would like to have something that locks, and Bakflip is a non-starter for me due to the poor quality, wondering about some suggestions with people who have had their cover for a longer time period.

Right now, I'm considering a toolbox with a soft tonneau cover primarily... If I go this route, I'd prefer a metal toolbox. (preferably black).

Thanks in advance,
    Paul

'08 Chevy Silverado LT2 Extended Cab - AVS Hood Deflector, BedRug Mat.
    '06 Chevy Equinox LS - Stock! (Wife's car)

Extang makes several differant type of covers including for toolboxes. They have a very good warranty, lifetime frame and 10 year cover. They bolt or clamp-on. There sold through most mail order and local shops. I know the've been around a least 20 years.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

I currently have a Extang BlackMax, and have had no trouble out of it, I have used them on pretty much every truck I have had since 1991, they fit good, the bows stay in place, snaps/unsnaps easily, and are easy to keep tight in cooler/hot weather. Also if you have any trouble, Extang is easy to deal with, and gets your problem resolved in a hurry. But one drawback of a soft cover is dirt, the bed does get dusty inside, but I usually spray mine out every other time I wash the truck.

2007 Silverado VortecMAX R.I.P 24JUN2011
    2005 Honda VTX 1300R
    2008 Tahoe LTZ
    2009 Dodge Challenger R/T

I have the Trifold hard cover. Have had it for about 6 months now. a few road trips and no problems. Locks for security, folds up to free up bed space. And if you need to use all the bed space can be removed in just a minute or two. Mine hasn't leaked since I put it on.

I have this one...

http://www.extang.com/docs/revolution.html

My sub box is in the bed of the truck so I needed something to keep the Arizona elements off of it..however, It works well when traveling and you have your luggage etc in the back.

Due to the tailgate cap i have it is not totally water tight. If I had the right tailgate cap it wouldnt leak.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Well I hate to hear that about the BAK cover as I sell a ton of them with no complaints. The next best thing is the Extang Solid Fold cover. If you are interested in this or any other cover, send me a personal notification for pricing.

Thanks
    Josh
    Svcustoms.com