GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Graduated High School!

Since I can't seem to sleep right now, I figured I would hit up the truck club.

I graduated high school yesterday, which was & is exciting. I'm happy about that and looking forward to what the future has in store. It really started setting in on me today though that the grad banquet & party last night might very well be the last time I will ever see some of the people I knew. I had just moved to a big school a couple of years ago, so I didn't know a lot of people really well (the ones I knew well I will keep in touch with) but the wierd thing for me is its the friends I knew, but not that well, that I'm bothered the most by because I'm more likely not to see them again. As much as I'm ready and looking forward to the next stage of my life, its actually really sad to think back on all of the memories of high school.

Thats all I've got for now. Feel free to chime in.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

First off..... Congrats!!!! Now go back to Bed..... When you wake up again start looking for a Job!!!!!! j/k....

For your good friends you will keep in touch. Then there are those reunion's that you catch up and those old Girl friends that you wish you were still with. Then you have Facebook....That has done wounders for people....Go have some fun.....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Congratulations on graduating, it's natural to feel that way, I'm coming up on my 30 year reunion and I still play golf regularly with a guy I went to high school with, the funny thing is, we didn't get along in school, it was only the summer after graduation that we became friends!
    Adam

Legend
    Blog Entries

Congrats for sure!
    me personally i kept in touch with 3 of the people i graduated with. The rest i didnt care for, and i joined the army and left 13 days after i graduated.. that ought to give you an idea on how much i liked school hahah!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Congratulations on graduation!

I think that most of us certainly look back on the good 'ol times we had in high school and miss it dearly. Frankly, a lot of the fun was had in void of true responsibility. When you start to grow up, however, you're much less mobile and responsibility begins to inhibit spontaneity. Nonetheless, I can assure you without a doubt that the next chapter in life will be equally exhilarating if you allow it to be. And if you're going to college.... look out. You're bound to have a blast.

As for keeping in touch, I went to two different high schools and stay in regular touch with 6 friends from one and 3 from another. Just to show you the odds, the 3 friends I keep in touch with are from my graduating high school of 23 students. So, I fairly regularly hang out with and talk to 3/23. As for the others, 6 out of a class of around 60. A lot of them I've known since 4th grade. One was even my roommate in college for 3 years. I'm leaving today to spend the weekend with two others. My point is this: there's no reason to worry... if you keep in touch with the people you care about, you'll be able to create more stories and have more fun times together. As a bonus, you'll always be able to talk about old times over a few drinks!

As Enkeiavalanche said, Facebook is your friend. It is THE tool for keeping in touch with all of those folks that you don't end up hanging out with readily after high school. Best of luck to you!

congrats on graduating
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member