GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Power door lock issue

I had both rear power door lock acuators replaced when the truck was under warranty. Now the passenger power door lock does not always fully unlock....its like it isn't getting full extension. Seems to lock all the time tho.

Iam going to take the door panel off this weekend to see if something its loose....iam hoping that something has rattled loose from the subs and sub box. This door had also developed a good mirror shake and rattle I needed to address!

Or if you guys think I have an accuator on its way out.
    Last edited by sstoner911; 07-02-2011 at 01:26 PM.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

I thought this thread was about power windows? Anyway, I haven't had any trouble with power locks but I have had power window switches replaced under warranty. Now that my truck is out of warranty, of course I am starting to have issues with some of the other window switches.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Quote Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
    I thought this thread was about power windows? Anyway, I haven't had any trouble with power locks but I have had power window switches replaced under warranty. Now that my truck is out of warranty, of course I am starting to have issues with some of the other window switches.
    YA I screwed up the title!

Check the linkage for binding, disconnect the actuator and try to work it by hand to see if it moves free, next I would check the wiring, and the switch, make sure you have good voltage at the acuator when its activated, if that all proves ok you can try switching it with another door. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Bigg Ron View Post
    Check the linkage for binding, disconnect the actuator and try to work it by hand to see if it moves free, next I would check the wiring, and the switch, make sure you have good voltage at the acuator when its activated, if that all proves ok you can try switching it with another door. Good Luck
    Ok, I check those things.....now to get motivated to get out in the heat this week!