GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: The Beast

Default The Beast

Here is my project.Its an 88 Burb with a reman 6.5.Solid metal,no rot whatsoever.Has some flash rust on the bare metal that I am getting to this weekend.Motor is strong it only has 46k on it.Nice 8k warn winch,4 inch lift,new radiator,belts hoses,lift pump,glow plugs and controller,starter,fuel water sep. Nice interior with standard dash crack and original cloth seats,no rips.Power windows and locks all work too!Time to get sanding and priming.http://photobucket.com/thebeast88burb Hope this link works.My first time w/photobucket.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Roof rack off,rain gutters need a 3/16 open end. No one has it. I`ll try sears tomorrow.

yea she is a beast

G/L with the burb

Looks like a fun/cool project.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Looks like a fun/cool project.
    Thanks,there really is not a lot left to do on it.Needs paint and some bigger tires.It has 4:10 gearing and it really winds up at hwy speeds.Maybe some 33`s or 34`s to bring the rpm`s down.Maybe a Banks turbo?

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

I love that trucks do not rust here.So many older trucks with no rust. They seem to last forever.Like living in a time machine.I grew up where they laid down salt on the roads in the winter.There is no such thing there as an 80`s truck. Maybe in pictures only.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Looks sweet But this is true about the rust.. Hell my 08 has some rust on it already.....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Too hot for sanding today.Had to find a 3/16 in wrench to get the drip rails off any way.Guess I`ll go fishing instead.

Good luck and have some fun with her

Nice.
    Joseph

Airforce Veteran (7 years)

NRA Life Member

Nice find indeed. You might want to take those roof rack strips off as I found some rust holes under mine when I did...That body sure looks pristine...I'm jealous as mine had some cancer in the rear quarters...I put in another 10 hours of sanding this week...getting close for those of you who have taken a gander at my past posts on it. Good luck with your project. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by 80 grit View Post
    Nice find indeed. You might want to take those roof rack strips off as I found some rust holes under mine when I did...That body sure looks pristine...I'm jealous as mine had some cancer in the rear quarters...I put in another 10 hours of sanding this week...getting close for those of you who have taken a gander at my past posts on it. Good luck with your project. Keep us posted.
    I took the rack off and the strips.That was the only place on the roof without the flash rust.The paint is still on.All that stuff will clean right up with a little 120 grit.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by