GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Have you tested the ground/bypass switch you installed. A while ago, I heard a rumor that Pioneer had set up all their new dvd/gps radios to also use the GPS data to determine if you were moving or not in addition to the parking brake switch circuit to keep people from just putting a switch inline. I can't verify one way or the other because I didn't get a nav/dvd unit.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Yes i've tested and used it for dvd. I didn't purchase the Nav add-on though.

But the guy i got the idea from had the nav package installed and it seemed to work for him.

I would be shocked if pioneer tried to do that, as they are only legally obligated to put some basic mechanism inline to prevent it. Seems it would kill there market if they make it too difficult. I mean technically it only applies if your on the public roads, govt cant keep you from doing it on personal property, hence the reason the bypass itself is not illegal.

2009 Silverado 1500
    5.3L / 3.73 G80 / 4spd / 4x4 / LWB/ Ext Cab / HD Tow-Haul
    2.25in ReadyLift Level Kit / 3in blocks/ 3500lb HellWig / 265x65x17 Wrangler AT
    K&N Filter / AirRaid MIT / MagnaFlow 2.25" Dual Exhaust / HyperTech MaxEnergy

I just ordered the same Metra 70-2105 harness for a 2008 Silverado WT . Hope it works on mine , too .

Thanks ,
    Wyr
    God bless

Hi, so I'm a backyard mechanic new to the internet forum thing and I cut the wires for my stock harness. Wish now I had read this prior but I've never used a harness before and didn't think that there would be a problem. After hooking up the deck it had no power, if someone could help it would be greatly appreciated. There are three wires not in use on the truck side and five deck side, I don't believe the problem is deck side but I could be wrong. Thank you in advance to any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by dboothieb View Post
    Hi, so I'm a backyard mechanic new to the internet forum thing and I cut the wires for my stock harness. Wish now I had read this prior but I've never used a harness before and didn't think that there would be a problem. After hooking up the deck it had no power, if someone could help it would be greatly appreciated. There are three wires not in use on the truck side and five deck side, I don't believe the problem is deck side but I could be wrong. Thank you in advance to any advice.

What make and model ? Depending on how new it is , you may have lost the warning chimes in the car .

Best I remember , black is chassis ground - . If necessary , run a black to a grounded metal part of the car .

Red and yellow are + . I think yellow is hot all the time & red is got when the ignition switch is on .

If necessary , run a yellow to the fuse block & try to find a spare fuse circuit .

If necessary , run a red to something that is hot when you turn the ignition switch on .

Did you save the connectors you cut off ? Replacements can be ordered from Scosche or Metra .

God bless
    Wyr

okay guys I know this is a little off topic here, but I've been reading and dont really see an answer to my question. I have a GM part number 2586 5029with a cat button on it and I'm trying to get it wired up in a Dodge Dakota. Just because I had the radio laying around it came out of my wifes truck. The dark green doesn't seem to be powering up the accessory or the key hot, whatever you want to call it. I've read about the radio having to be compatible with the vehicle's VIN. Is there any way to redneck bypass this so I can get the radio working in my old dakota? any help I can get would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12