GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Should I sell my truck with or without rims? Question on Tires also.

I have a 2005 Chev 1500 Silverado Ext Cab currently with 24" rims and I want to sell it. My question is, should I sell my truck with the rims and add more $$ or take the rims off and install factory rims & tires and sell it stock & the rims /tires separately?

Also, I have the stock rims and tires but they been sitting outside for couple years now. Do the tires need to be replaced even they though there were great when I took them out?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Got any pics? You could put 2 prices in your ad. one with and one without the rims......
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Replace the wheels tires with the OEM stuff.
    It won't make much difference that they were outside-they would have been outside anyway.

My experience in selling lots of cars, motorcycles, bicycles etc is you NEVER NEVER NEVER get your money out of modifications,and not infrequently it restricts how many folks will want to buy them.

Sell the 24" separately- you'll end up with a lot more $$ in your pocket.
    It will take you maybe 1 1/2 hourts do the replacement-
    Usually when you do as Enkieavalance suggests you end up getting beaten down on your price so it is a wash.Once they know you have the rims-they more or less get them free since they know you want to sell,and would rather not spend the time switching them out.No offense meant to Avalanche.

Return it to OEM specs- you won't get 5 cents out of them if you sell as is,and some folks-older guys like me,60yo- have ZERO interest in 24" rims.
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Put the stockers back on. Clean the wheels and tires up nice with something like Purple Power then hit them with some tire foam crap.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.