GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Which tires should I put on?

I bought this Silver 2010 Silverado Crew cab back in November. It has a leveling kit on it already. I am looking at putting some new tires on it. Mainly A/T or M/T. Any suggestions or does anyone has a similar truck with nice tires on it, I could look at?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Daniel's Truck.jpg  

Round tubeless pneumatic is the way to go.

Buying tires is like everything else. People have their favorite brands and styles. For quality tires, choose a good name brand like Michelin, General, Good Year, etc. Stay away from discount chains IMO
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

Welcome to the club. BFG or Toyo's. Both have great tires. A/T's hold small rocks and throw them up agaisnt the lower doors/rockers where as the M/T's don't seem to pick up the small rocks because of there larger openings between the tires lugs. Talking from expierinace.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

BFG All Terrain KO, BFG Mud Terrain KM2, Toyo Open Country M/T, Goodyear Wrangler MTR, Nitto Terra Grapplers and Nitto Trail Grapplers are all good tires for your application. It really depends on your budget. I have the the BFG All Terrain KO's and I couldn't be happier. Good off road traction and not noisy at all while on the highway.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I just got some Goodyear Duratracs and I researched alot before I bought them. They aren't the cheapest tire out there but the tread pattern is very aggressive A/T. I love them so far. Haven't been off-road yet but my buddy has them on his F-150 and it was night and day compared to the stock tires that came on his truck originally.

I have had the DuraTracs and now the Trail Grapps. The GY were 31.7X10.4 and the Nittos are 33.4X11.65

________2013 4C Rated__________

i put Goodyear wrangler mtr's on mine last april,they are quiet on the road and do great in the mud.but they were a bit pricey. i got the new design ones with the Kevlar,they handle great on the road

I personally think that, if youre near a pepboys, their definity brand tire is totally worth it. I had cooper discoverer at's on my yukon and they were terrible, slid everywhere in the lightest amount of snow. I got the definity dakota at's, for the sweet deal of buy three, get one for $1 instantly, and they lasted the entire, and probably worst winter upstate ny has seen in a few years. hell, i couldnt get her to slide in 2wd they were so grippy in the ice and snow. so im sure the definity dakota mt's would be as good, maybe better, however, the warrantee is slightly decreased, from 60k to 40k, and the speed rating has dropped as well from the at's. i would definitely buy those tires again.

Jon

All great suggestions. I have one more question. When I bought the silverado (above) it came with the torsion keys turned. They did not replace them with after market keys. Should I replace my torsion keys with Readylift leveling keys? Will torsion leveling keys in the long run mess your front end up?

Your 2010 1500 does not have Tbars. But ReadyLift does make a nice level kit for your truck.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast