GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

I second Jon on the definity tires....I have them on my suburban and I love them.....I wanted to buy them for my silverado but they don't make the definity in an 18 inch tire....I was soo dissapointed......I am now looking at the Kelly safari tsr. I am just debating on the size tire I want to go with....good luck in your search for the perfect tire....

Here is a before video of the Yukon's 2.5" leveling kit

I will post the after video when its completed too

looking back, Oops I think I posted this is wrong section
    Last edited by AA1PR; 09-29-2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Oops I think I posted this is wrong section
    "The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change."

Carl Rogers

2004 GMC Yukon, 4X4 SLT, 5.3L Vortex, leather interior...

Trail Master 2.5" leveling kit, Skyjacker shocks up front, EGR 1.25" Fender Flares

Putco Punch Grille Insert, gamut of Putco chrome accesories, IPCW chrome/clear taillights, velour dash cover by CoverKing

Running on 265/70/17 Cooper Discover AT3's

Nitto Terra Grapplers are pretty good and look really good on the newer silverado's.

On the leveling kit... You say my 2010 doesn't have torsion keys turned. So are you suggesting the dealership put a leveling kit on it?

I am running Kumho road venture ATs (KL-78) I love them so far i have about 12k on them and have used them in snow, ice and mud. I did a lot of research prior to purchasing. they are 10ply and have a pretty aggressive look in larger tire sizes. I bought 305/70R16 for $170.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30291-18inches-snow-arkansas.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	30538

Quote Originally Posted by dyonchak89 View Post
    On the leveling kit... You say my 2010 doesn't have torsion keys turned. So are you suggesting the dealership put a leveling kit on it?
    Your torsion keys are not turned because you do not have torsion keys, because you do not have torsion bars.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    I have had the DuraTracs and now the Trail Grapps. The GY were 31.7X10.4 and the Nittos are 33.4X11.65

I like those trail grappler's. Whats the size on those tires? I dont really understand the 33.4x11.65 thing lol. I do understand the 285/55/17 type lingo lol. I have a RC leveling kit I have yet to install and would like to keep my stock rims for now, so this setup you have seems to be more what I would like to do with mine. Any more road noise compared to the Goodyears?

Quote Originally Posted by 2k8z71 View Post
    I like those trail grappler's. Whats the size on those tires? I dont really understand the 33.4x11.65 thing lol. I do understand the 285/55/17 type lingo lol. I have a RC leveling kit I have yet to install and would like to keep my stock rims for now, so this setup you have seems to be more what I would like to do with mine. Any more road noise compared to the Goodyears?
    If you look at the tire on the first pic it shows 295/70/17 on the tire. I don't think he has this setup anymore. There is some road noise, but its minimal compared to a mud terrain tire.

BFG Mud Terrains would look pretty sick

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

or some tsl super swampers

Quote Originally Posted by Klutch Mclovin View Post
    If you look at the tire on the first pic it shows 295/70/17 on the tire. I don't think he has this setup anymore. There is some road noise, but its minimal compared to a mud terrain tire.
    Good eye. I had to zoom in on that lol. I wonder how far it throws the speedometer off. I wonder if there was any trimming involved so it didn't rub at full lock. Might just stick with the 285/70/17s.. Those look sweet though. I better figure out what I want before the snow falls haha. I have goodyear wrangler AT/S on mine.. Came with the truck and still have decent tread on them. My explorer I had (traded in for my NNBS) had some Grabber AT2's that were great in snow. But I figure the trail grapplers would be better. I plan on getting an exhaust (probably 40 series flowmaster catback) so I am sure exhaust noise will trump tire road noise haha.