GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default GMC vs. FOrd truck pull

Ever wanted to hook two trucks together to see which one would out-pull the other?

No? Me neither! These guys did it though.

Watch for the Ford that gets "smoked"

=

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I like this better

A Cyclone vs Lightening race.
    I tried to buy a new Cyclone back in the day, couldnt get an insurance company to cover me so I had to pass.

both of those were funny. now i think i should show my dad since he loves FORDs
    Matt
    1987 GMC Sierra Classic 5.7TBI

Steve's clip just proves the obvious...GM kicks Ford's *ss. Then again, I do love the early to mid 90s Broncos. I want to get a hold of one of them to turn into a mean 4x4 rig.... That'll come after I build my Sub up... But I digress, GO CHEVY!!!!
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

I do like chevy/gmc better than ford but it seems to me that the ford had a slight tire disadvantage. The ford seemed to have regular or maybe all terrain tires but the GMC had a set of mondo-squabbler mudd knobies....or did i just dream it?

(2002 Chevrolet 3500)
    (1991 Chevrolet K5 Blazer)
    (2000 Maxum Boat Powered By A 5.0 Chevy Vortec )

(previous vehicles)
    1997 Chevrolet 3500
    2003 Trailblazer
    2002 Chevy Tahoe
    1993 GMC Jimmy
    1987 Chevy Astro
    1986 GMC Safari
    1997 GMC Sonoma
    1994 Maxum Boat Powered By A Chevy Vortec

!!!Seems to be a pattern!!!

If your going to jump then be sure to bring a parachute in case you change your mind on the way

DOWN!

Well, I'm sure that these guys came ready for combat, but these head-to-head pulls have a lot to do with tires, gearing, engine mods, driving style, fuel, etc. The GMC did appear to have some mud/dirt/sand tires though.

What does it prove? Get some good good friends, too much alcohol and a couple of trucks and you too can burn up your engine.

** The part of the video that gets me is right after the 2nd pull, in the foreground you can see a woman video taping, then when the Ford loses, she stops moving and drops her arms to her side. Wonder if she's gonna tear into her man for losin? lol
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 08-06-2007 at 07:13 AM.

I can remember back in highschool a good buddy saying that my GMC safari van was a piece of crap. He stated that his mitsubishi mighty max pickup would mop the floor up with my van.(mainly because he had 27 inch BFG all terrains) (I had 275-60-15 Hoosiers street tires) So we tied the vehicles up and the ole GMC had fun dragging him across a gravel lot.:na: SO he says his truck will do it in reverse....so here we go again....and this time the GMC drags him into a mud puddle and covers the little red truck completly and also throws a rock at it's winshield for good measure
    I still pick on him to this day about that

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Well, I'm sure that these guys came ready for combat, but these head-to-head pulls have a lot to do with tires, gearing, engine mods, driving style, fuel, etc. The GMC did appear to have some mud/dirt/sand tires though.

What does it prove? Get some good good friends, too much alcohol and a couple of trucks and you too can burn up your engine.

** The part of the video that gets me is right after the 2nd pull, in the foreground you can see a woman video taping, then when the Ford loses, she stops moving and drops her arms to her side. Wonder if she's gonna tear into her man for losin? lol
    haha! You can clearly see her throw her arm down in disgust!
    Some people call me the space cowboy ... some people don't.

2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 Just picked it up
    2007 Chevy Colorado Just traded her in!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maxumpower View Post
    I can remember back in highschool a good buddy saying that my GMC safari van was a piece of crap. He stated that his mitsubishi mighty max pickup would mop the floor up with my van.(mainly because he had 27 inch BFG all terrains) (I had 275-60-15 Hoosiers street tires) So we tied the vehicles up and the ole GMC had fun dragging him across a gravel lot.:na: SO he says his truck will do it in reverse....so here we go again....and this time the GMC drags him into a mud puddle and covers the little red truck completly and also throws a rock at it's winshield for good measure
    I still pick on him to this day about that
    That's too funny. He had to come back for seconds, huh?

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyLover View Post
    haha! You can clearly see her throw her arm down in disgust!
    I think she took it pretty well. What else is she going to do? Maybe shed a tear? That would be hysterical! Remember, it's all fun and games until someone's boyfriend's Ford truck gets pulled across town by a GMC.
    Cheri
    Chevy Trailblazer LS 4x4
    Seattle, WA

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by