GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Head unit wont shut off

I have an 03 silverado with a JVC double din head unit, I bought the correct harness to wire everything up. As you all know it has the RAP and also as you know as soon as you open one of the doors it shuts off. Well when I got home just now from work, i turned the truck off and removed the key and opend the door but the head unit didnt shut off. I started the truck and shut it off and opened the door several times but to know avail. I ended up having to pull the fuse under the hood.

I need some help, so anyone that has any ideas throw em at me.

Thanks,

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by castor View Post
    I have an 03 silverado with a JVC double din head unit, I bought the correct harness to wire everything up. As you all know it has the RAP and also as you know as soon as you open one of the doors it shuts off. Well when I got home just now from work, i turned the truck off and removed the key and opend the door but the head unit didnt shut off. I started the truck and shut it off and opened the door several times but to know avail. I ended up having to pull the fuse under the hood.

I need some help, so anyone that has any ideas throw em at me.

Thanks,

Tim
    The power button doesnt work on the unit to turn it off?

Sometimes the door switch needs to be replaced and thats why your radio wont shut off. It should be in the door latch assembly. Do the interior lights work properly?

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    The power button doesnt work on the unit to turn it off?

Sometimes the door switch needs to be replaced and thats why your radio wont shut off. It should be in the door latch assembly. Do the interior lights work properly?

Yeah oddly enough they do. which side is the switch on?? Like on the actual door or where the body of the truck is??

What can I do to combat this till I can get a switch??

Thanks,

Tim

Yeah oddly enough they do. which side is the switch on?? Like on the actual door or where the body of the truck is??

What can I do to combat this till I can get a switch??

Thanks,

Tim
    You have to take the door panel off...you will know it when you see it..kind of like a round cylinder i believe with 2 wires coming off it. You can jump the wires to see if it will shut your radio off...if it does its the switch.

You have to take the door panel off...you will know it when you see it..kind of like a round cylinder i believe with 2 wires coming off it. You can jump the wires to see if it will shut your radio off...if it does its the switch.

thanks alot for the info. I appreciate it.

Tim

Welcome to the club, Tim.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

thanks for the welcome

thanks alot for the info. I appreciate it.

Tim
    No problem, keep us updated.

Does anyone know about how much these switches go for usually?? can I get one at like autozone or advance?? or do I have to order it from a gm dealer??

Thanks for (more) info

Tim

I would think you could get one from autozone for that year....shouldnt be to pricey.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by