GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Most of my wrenching tools are craftsman, some s-k, some oddball special stuff as needed. Also have a retired Mac tool man close by if there's something I need in a pinch.
    As an electrician by trade, my remaining "hand tools" are klein brand.
    Dewalt is my preference for power tools.
    Fluke is my brand of choice for test meters.
    BMW for my motorcycles.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I had a ton of Dewalt tools, craftsman, and everything else under the sun, then my ex took them all in the separation:( I'm a truck girl without tools.. I am rebuilding slowly; got a new socket set, husky tool chest and Dewalt drill for my birthday... Nice! I'll get them back, bigger and better collection.. go big or go home..

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    What type of tools does everyone have in their garage? Mine is about 50% craftsman with a mix of other stuff that people have given to me over the years or that I buy one at a time.
    I have absolutely zero brand loyalty -- specifically because most of the tools I have were gifts, inherited (across 2 generations, in some cases), or came from auctions (a wrench in a box of misc junk here, a screwdriver in another box there, etc), which my family and I go to fairly regularly. This actually makes it humourous, as I may have 4 13mm wrenches and no 11mm wrenches on hand. (That's an example of something that recently occurred. It's rare because I usually have too many tools, but it happens.)

This also means two things:
    1) The conditions of the tools I have varies a LOT. I personally take care of my stuff but other people don't, but I'm not going to throw out a perfectly good tool just because it has a little wear on it, you know?

2) When I go buy tools I'm always shocked by the prices ... because most of my tools have come very cheaply to me via the paths I previously noted. I'm talking anything from air tools to circular saws to drill presses (I have 3, lol... all different sizes).

To make it funnier -- I have tools but no shop. I recently moved cross-country for work so all my stuff is in my father's shop a few hours away ... making for even MORE tools. LOL

Blog Entries

My tools are a lot of SK, SNAP ON, CRAFTSMAN. Need good stuff cause I make my living with them.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

If you like to swing wrenches & do your own work then keep building them up. He should have let you keep em. Did he really need em? LOL ERICA.
    Last edited by TRANNY PRO; 11-30-2011 at 09:26 AM.

I lost almost all of my tools in the garage fire including mig welder and large Craftsman air compressor shown in the pic below. What ever didnt get destroyed was cleaned/washed by the salvage cleanup crew which caused everything to rust. slowly building up a tool inventory with craftsman, snap on and cornwell.

2007 Suburban 2500 Edge evolution CS leveled 265 goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade Kenwood DNX6180 Nav.Radio

OH Goody, another Pickem up truck dripping with Chrome Crap!

Oh man that sucks. What caused the fire?

Quote Originally Posted by surrealone View Post
    Oh man that sucks. What caused the fire?
    This was caused by a ford product (Excursion) that self- ignited) while parked not running. Now you know why i'm a GM man for life.
    2007 Suburban 2500 Edge evolution CS leveled 265 goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade Kenwood DNX6180 Nav.Radio

Hopefully insurance had your back...

They covered the Garage rebuild, entire house of siding and roof gutters etc. (attatched garage) most of the contents of the garage except for the classic
    1971 Ford Bronco thats was 75% restored. No insurance on it so i got nothing for it but at least my house was saved and was able to occupy it while the garage was rebuilt.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TRANNY PRO View Post
    My tools are a lot of SK, SNAP ON, CRAFTSMAN. Need good stuff cause I make my living with them.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

If you like to swing wrenches & do your own work then keep building them up. He should have let you keep em. Did he really need em? LOL ERICA.
    I hear ya! He did it just to spite me, he moved into a basement apt, do you really need tools in a basement apt...??? " Hey dude, back my car into the basement, so we can pop the hood and work on the engine, cause you don't have a garage".. hahaha! ... I am building up my collection slowly again, getting some new Stanley hand tools and other ones that are on my list..It will be bigger and better...

-Sorry, about the fire.. Hope that there wasnt too much damage, to your home as well too..

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast