GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Hand wash once a week, if not more. Only time I go to the power wash is when I have been off roading.

________2013 4C Rated__________

I do agree that you CAN get a better wash doing it by hand and then using the power washer to do a deep clean. However, for $3 to $5 and unlimited vacuums with these car washes that are popping-up all over town ... that's hard to beat the price. Many of them are brushless or soft-brush and they have guys that towel dry in some and then will detail for an extra fee.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I have my own pressure washer at home, so I guess I could say that I do both pressure wash and hand wash. I usually wash every two weeks.

Jared:glasses:
    2003 Bi-Fuel 2500HD CNG/Gasoline (equivalent 40 MPG)
    2003 Bi-Fuel Cavalier CNG/Gasoline (equivalent 90 MPG)
    2011 Traverse

I always hand wash, and I spend around 4-5 hrs. washing, waxing, vacuuming and detailing every time. You might say I'm a little OCD when it comes to having a clean truck lol.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Sr. Apprentice black03silverado's Avatar

I have my own pressure washer but still soap it up by hand and pressure it off followed by a good waxing in summer, But in winter i go to the local car wash to get the salt hosed off!
    2008 chevrolet silverado ec/sb 5.3L Z71
    magnaflow dual cat-back exhaust
    K&N filter
    chrome grille
    chrome mirror and door handles
    bed caps
    gm boxliner
    stainless tube steps
    chrome bugger
    ventshades

I use both. I usually wash the truck twice a week. There is a touch less car wash that does a good job so I use that but when I have time and it's a nice day out I will wash it by hand. It takes a long time to wash it by hand though, at least 2 hours to get the job done. Wax it twice a year with mother's 3 step wax.

Hand wash, which means it does not get washed that often :=(

-J

Legend
    Blog Entries

I also have my own pressure washer. I pretty much wash when it gets dirty, so usually once a week. I buff in the spring and fall. well let me be more specific i use my hand buffer (circular style not orbital) and wax. then i hand wax once a month or so. During the winter i take it to a do it yourself place and get rid of the salt... Even thought it is a PITA to keep it clean it seems before i get home in the winter it is just as dirty...
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

I was mine once or more a week and quick wax once a month. I do it all by hand I don't trust anyone else. Just a to wash it polish my wheels and clean it out takes about 5-6 hours. I am OCD when it comes to my truck. I do the engine bay, wheel wells, under carriage, the inside of my wheels ect... I dry it off with a shammy too, Then come all the plastic that I have to hit up with a protectant lol and the tires. Vaccum, windows, dust the vents ect... Yall see how I am lol

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

Token Pressure, Brush Wash

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by