GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

automatic. seems to get the bugs off the front better than I can at home.

Hand wash is head and shoulders better than machine washing at the car wash. It may take longer but what better way to inspect your truck as you clean

No vote for not washing at all??? I have never once washed any of my vehicles. The only times my car got washed was when it got an oil change and the dealership did it as part of the oil change. Otherwise, nothing gets washed. A coating of dirt and grime doesn't hurt anything.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

There is a Hand car wash by me that does a Great job. It even has High speed water jets that get the rims and wheel wells clean. then they have the guys at the end with Air hoses and towels to get every drop off your ride....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I used to hand wash my truck every week, regardless if it needed it or not. But now since im not in college anymore and i got kiddos running around the house, its best if i take it somewhere. I just don't have the time to donate for a had car wash. I KNOW that i can do a better job myself, but i just dont have the time.

I guess i got the best of both world though, there is a hand wash car wash place where you can leave your truck there and its only 7 bucks!

2010 Chevrolet Silverado
    Black Leather Interior
    6" Fab Tech Lift Kit
    BDS Front Skid Plate
    35 inch Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Aftermarket Fender Flares
    20 Inch Mamba Rims
    Big Country Step Rails
    Custom Flowmaster Exhaust
    Chrome Chevy Stamped Exhaust Tips
    TOFF Spray in Bedliner
    Billet Front Chevy Bow Tie
    1% tint all the way around, 70% on front window

Automatic car wash every 2-3 weeks,then i'll wipe down the whole truck and ARMORALL the tires,tonneau cover,and interior,then take her home and vacuum the inside and wash the floor liners.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

I usually like to hand wash my truck but I haven't been able to lately because of water restrictions resulting from the extreme drought we're having here in Central Texas. The fires have only made matters worse. So.... recently I've been going through the drive-through car wash. But I'm picky... those laser wash car washes don't do very good at all. I like to find the ones with the spinning rags that really get in there and get the dirt off.

Blog Entries

only hand washing for me ...just got new Mother's wash/wax combo........works great and was only 11 bucks.
    should get about 25 washes out of it .........pressurewash underneath at the Car-Wash 4 or 5 times during
    the winter months also...
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

Have used coin spray wash for touch up and hand washed the first time yesterday , forgot how much more work there is than with a car. The hardest is trying to dry it off with the humidity before bugs and leafs stick to it, used detailer wax and glass cleaner for water spots. Plenty of automated car washes around but don't want to risk scratches , hand wash service is $25 - $30 need that for gas and groceries.

2012 Silverado

I would love to say that I hand wash my truck everytime. But I tell you what, there is a place by me that charges 5 bucks to do a pretty decent job at washing my truck. It is a drive thru type where I stay in the truck, but they have a couple guys in there doing the washing. I don't think that I can beat it for 5 bucks, plus free use of vacuums. I just can't pass that up.
    Dave V. -- Riverside, California
    Owner of --
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.8Liter V8 engine 2WD w/Kenwood Double DIN CD/DVD Player
    1971 Chevrolet Chevelle 350ci V8 engine with 500+ horsepower (Still Under Construction)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by