GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Seems like there are a ton of hand wash guys on here. Like Maybe a disproportionate amount.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

i know i think that all the people that would hand wash their cars, that they all care for their car. The people that go through the car wash, i dont think they care much about their vehicle. Because most drive through car washes endup scratching you paint if you ask me.
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

I don't have time anymore ... or a place to do hand washing. I use either a brushed car wash or a brushless.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

How do you guys pressure wash underneath your truck?
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-- Lt Col. D.Grossman. On Combat

Quote Originally Posted by AR Maker View Post
    Lean down and try to get it under there the best you can. Most pressure washers spray a nice wide fan on general pressure so it gets it off pretty good.
    95 S10 LS 5 speed ext cab 2wd "work truck"
    3/3 static _ Spectre Air Filter _ Punched out cat _ Glasspack>

99 S10 Xtreme 3rd door, 5 speed 4.3 VIN W
    Hurst Short Throw Shifter _
    American Racing wheels (275/60/15; 215/70/15) _ Sub/Amp/Stereo _ TB Mod>

Quote Originally Posted by AR Maker View Post
    I have a home pressure washer that has the soap pick up tube, and various tips to use and a pressure regulator, there are areas you dont want to use high pressure on, so regulate down, simple green soap for me on the underside. Mine is undercoated so its not like alot of effort is required. hey you just get down to the underside level and get busy. You will get wet. I confess, in the winter, I will use the touchless wash, for 10 bucks just to knock off the salt/sand after a snow or ice event.
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

I use the touchless wash when it is too cold out for me to hand wash (below15 degrees). Then I will still towel dry it. As far as washing underneath goes. I hit it with the power washer at the quarter car wash. But, if it is pretty nasty under there from dirt roads or from offroad, I will set up my oscillating sprinkler underneath in the driveway and let it go for a few hours. Then I go move it, let it go for a few more hours. That gets it pretty clean.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I wash it them by had and then hose them off with the pressure washer
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    I wash it them by had and then hose them off with the pressure washer
    When I hand wash I will usually hit it with the pressure washer , soap it up, and then rinse using the "sheeting" method I learned in a Mequiars video. Take the hose with no nozzle on it, and rinse with low pressure from the top down. The water runs off in sheets and leaves very little drying work. It works great on a well waxed vehicle. I can dry my truck with 2 towels if I do this. If I hit it with pressure, it beads up and I use 5 towels.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    When I hand wash I will usually hit it with the pressure washer , soap it up, and then rinse using the "sheeting" method I learned in a Mequiars video. Take the hose with no nozzle on it, and rinse with low pressure from the top down. The water runs off in sheets and leaves very little drying work. It works great on a well waxed vehicle.
    lol I don't have anything worth waxing. I sheet rinse them after using the pressure washer, but that's about it.
    Chuckie!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast