GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 92 Sonoma Lowered about 2-3". Want it lifted a little.

Would like to have it relifted but first find out what was removed or changed to allow for the lowering.

I have someone to help with the lift but need to figure out what they did to lower it. I'm very inexperianced in thi stuff so learning as I go. If anyone has an idea of what they may have done to drop it please let me know. Let me know what to check to confirm the idea as well.

Is this a 2wd or 4x4 truck?
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Is this a 2wd or 4x4 truck?

Rare 2WD (RWD) GMC Sonoma SLE 4.3L v6 Vortec A/T w/Club Cab

With the front its either spindles or spring and the rear is either lowering blocks or drop leafs

Hope its just springs and blocks that's a easy swap the other two are easy too but just a little more indepth if your not experienced in suspension

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

Quote Originally Posted by McMahan View Post
    With the front its either spindles or spring and the rear is either lowering blocks or drop leafs

Hope its just springs and blocks that's a easy swap the other two are easy too but just a little more indepth if your not experienced in suspension

So how would I identify what of these options were used? As in what should I be looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxDaMonkey View Post
    So how would I identify what of these options were used? As in what should I be looking for?
    The rear will be easy there will be a block between the axle and where the leaf spring bolts together

The front is another story, best way to tell the front is to get it up in the air or pull a tire off and see if the spindle or spring has a aftermarket name on it or you will have to measure the spindle and compare it to a stock one. if the spindle is the same length as a stock one then you will have lowering springs