GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Your opinion between pro comp and BDS?

While i was looking at both of the 6'' lifts by pro comp and BDS there is a huge price diference. Pro comp is sitting at around $800 and the BDS is at $1800. I know they both have a pretty good reputation so what are yalls opinion between the two?
    Thanks michael

2011 Silverado (Ellie)
    Extended cab

Upgrades:
    K&N Cold Air Intake
    Gibson Extreme Dual Exhaust
    Leveling Kit
    Warn Bull Guard
    Blackedout Bowties
    BF Goodrich All Terrains

What type of Procomp lift are looking at for $800? $1600 + is the norm.
    Last edited by Blackout07; 07-06-2011 at 01:46 PM.

That's a difficult question to answer because you are not comparing apples to apples. You've picked the "entry level" Pro Comp kit to pit against a BDS kit that is more like their high-end kit.

The cheapest ProComp kit has strut spacers, so you reuse the factory struts. The BDS kit replaces the strut.

If anything, the BDS kit gives you an in-between step between the low cost of the cheapest ProComp kit and the performance of the higher end one. If you are going to consider that route, might as well also look at the Trail Master kit which gives you everything the BDS kit does plus a set of brake lines and gas shocks for the same price.

If you are considering the $800 ProComp kit you might as well do a 3" body lift on top of the leveling kit you already have. Even with the cost of the gap guards to cover the frame, you'll be money ahead, with the same performace you have now.
    Last edited by BeauTye; 07-06-2011 at 01:50 PM.

What about the Skyjacker lifts? What does everyone think about that kit, i havent heard anyone on this site say much at all about there kit? What would be the best lift hands down for the 2008 chevy silverado nnbs? I plan on redoin my lift sometime and get rid of the rough country lift next year.

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

Spend the money on the BDS kit, better quality and enginnering. I hand ProComp on my Suburban for a year, it creeked, flexed and drove like crap just driving down the street. Replaced it with a Rancho kit, no more problems. I would look at BDS, Rancho and Skyjacker. You invested alot of money into a nice, new truck, don't cut corners on the suspension lift. If you do you will end up hating your new truck.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

X2 on what STB said. BDS has spent a lot of money in engineering on their stuff. I looked into getting a Rancho kit for my 11 Sierra and was told by a Rancho employee that they didn't have a kit for the 11's. They may have put something out since than. I don't think there are any major differences between the 10 and 11's. If I was going to go taller than the level kit that I have I would go with either the BDS or Fabtech.

BDS's warranty can't be beat either. With lift kits, you really get what you pay for.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Thanks guys. I actually like the Fabtech and Skyjacker lift kit since they are price but i guess you get what you pay for with all new hardware and not use stock parts along with a lift and get really good shocks along with it. I'm gonna try and buy new Bilstein shock's for my truck and see how the ride improves and also need something to fix the lil bit of bed hop that i still have even though 3/4's of it went away when i took my cooper stt's off and installed the nitto's. What would be best to get rid of the bed hop and where online could i purchase? Thanks, Jake