GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend
    Blog Entries

lol I saw that about the lights, we were typing/submitting at the same time. I have motion detector lights but usually keep them turned off cuz the damn bats flying around keep turning them on
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

If 2 locks per wheel helped keep them on your truck then they arent overkill.
    Hate to hear when hard working people get victimized by lowlife punks, at least they didnt cost ya to much, maybe they'll come back to finish the job tonight and they can find something waiting for them.

Florence, AZ...AKA just this side of hell!

Glad they didn't get them! I keep the stock rims on...nobody wants to steal those.

================================================== =======
    2009 GMC Sierra 1500 WT with ... DU-HA underseat storage ; BAKFLIP G2 bed cover ;
    Rostra Cruise Control

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    If 2 locks per wheel helped keep them on your truck then they arent overkill.
    Hate to hear when hard working people get victimized by lowlife punks, at least they didnt cost ya to much, maybe they'll come back to finish the job tonight and they can find something waiting for them.
    Tim.....some of my friends think that it's Over-Kill....But like you said I still have my Rims!!!...and who knows if they will come back tonight, but I will most likely be up Late Tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by AzDragonLord View Post
    Glad they didn't get them! I keep the stock rims on...nobody wants to steal those.
    Thanks.....

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

That's what they make those locking lugs for! Thumbs up to you for thinking ahead, that's smart - not overkill.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

glad they didnt make off with the rims and tires. theres a few choice words and things im sure we'd all like to do to people like that.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    That's what they make those locking lugs for! Thumbs up to you for thinking ahead, that's smart - not overkill.
    Thanks Steve...........I'm not going to say that it is Over-Kill any more....when someone question's why I have 2 Locks per Rim.

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    glad they didnt make off with the rims and tires. theres a few choice words and things im sure we'd all like to do to people like that.
    Ya David.....I could not have said it any Better, regarding a few Choice Word's and Action's that were going through my Mind this Morning.....

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    That is just crazy.....That's when you wished you had just walked out to get a breath of fresh air and just happen to have your .45 with you.
    Alston, I wonder...........what I would do if I did Catch someone Stealing something of mine.........I do like your thinking...

Angry

Sorry to hear about your truck Mike, but atleast you still have it with no damage. Most likely some scum of the earth that is to lazy to get a job and by his own stuff.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Legend
    Blog Entries

Much as we'd all like to kill the little frickin thieves, a word of warning regarding protecting property or inanimate posessions. In most states, we can't kill them, shoot them, stab them, or beat the sh!t outta the little bastards if they're outside stealing wheels or breaking into your car. You will go to jail, & they will go free & probably sue you. You can kill them if they are in your house & you are threatened or have no escape, or are protecting someone else who is being threatened.
    If they're outside stealing your wheels, you can try & detain them for the police, but you can't use deadly force to detain them. ie: if they run, you can't shoot them, but you can beat the hell outta them with a club, & then tell the cops that they slipped & fell down
    Last edited by stephan; 07-06-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Sorry to hear about your truck Mike, but atleast you still have it with no damage. Most likely some scum of the earth that is to lazy to get a job and by his own stuff.
    Thanks Del.....and your right no damage to the Rims......Over the last 1 yr to 1-1/2 I have Read and/or heard about Rims being Stolen......and what grabbed my attention was in some of the cases, besides that fact the Rims were Stolen....But HOW they were STOLEN.....in some case's the thief's.....would just brake the front passenger side window and go Into either the Glove Box and/or the Center Console, and Grab the LOCK for the RIMS!!!!!!.....and take Nothing from the inside of the Cab of the Vehicle,

So for Those who have Locks for your Rims......Put/Hide the Lock for your Rims somewhere other than the 2 area's I've just mentioned......

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    Much as we'd all like to kill the little frickin thieves, a word of warning regarding protecting property or inanimate posessions. In most states, we can't kill them, shoot them, stab them, or beat the sh!t outta the little bastards if they're outside stealing wheels or breaking into your car. You will go to jail, & they will go free & probably sue you. You can kill them if they are in your house & you are threatened or have no escape, or are protecting someone else who is being threatened.
    If they're outside stealing your wheels, you can try & detain them for the police, but you can't use deadly force to detain them. ie: if they run, you can't shoot them, but you can beat the hell outta them with a club, & then tell the cops that they slipped & fell down
    Stephan.....I agree 100% with what you have mentioned.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by