GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    ......the reason I say this is I have Not 1 Wheel lock for each Rim, But 2 Wheel Locks per Rim....I know it's Over Kill having 2 wheel locks per rim and 2nd that the wheel lock's can be Removed with a little work and the right Tools,

But I think that by having 2 Wheel locks......that it slowed down those pieces of %hit, who were trying to Stealing my Rims.....For me this is a Wake-up Call, meaning that I need to make sure that I do everything I can to Protect.....not only my Vehicles and Home....but also my Family.
    This post got me thinking because i know I have wheel locks on my truck. Went out to look at them and noticed that I have 32 gorilla locks on my truck. Which never dawned on me since I have always had to use the socket for all lug nuts (but I havent taken these off very many times since I just got them last year. I can be a little slow sometimes) So I guess having 2 on each wheel isnt bad. I just thought they were discount tires (americas tire co) since it came with the wheels I bought through them plus the box has their logo all over it. Looked a little closer at the box and it has a small 1"x1" gorilla locks logo. That being said I do need to find a better place for the socket than the center console. as they say just keeping the honest people honest.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

one benefit of military installations, this kind of stuff doesn't happen.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    This post got me thinking because i know I have wheel locks on my truck. Went out to look at them and noticed that I have 32 gorilla locks on my truck. Which never dawned on me since I have always had to use the socket for all lug nuts (but I havent taken these off very many times since I just got them last year. I can be a little slow sometimes) So I guess having 2 on each wheel isnt bad. I just thought they were discount tires (americas tire co) since it came with the wheels I bought through them plus the box has their logo all over it. Looked a little closer at the box and it has a small 1"x1" gorilla locks logo. That being said I do need to find a better place for the socket than the center console. as they say just keeping the honest people honest.
    Yeah I just got my rims and tires this past friday and have 32 locking lugs, going to be a pain in the a$$ when i have to switch to my old rims for the winter.. I also just threw the socket in the center console going to re-think that now too!

2010 Silverado LTZ Z71

6" BDS Lift, New springs and Fox Shocks
    Tinted Windows
    K & N Filter
    20" Fuel Off-Road Throttle Black/Machined
    33" x 12.5" x 20" Toyo Open Country M/T's
    Front and Back Bow ties Color Matched (Black Granite Metallic)
    Bushwhacker Pocket style Flares
    Weather Tech Window Visors & Floor Mats
    Blackbear Tune
    Bak Flip F1 Tonneau cover

To Do:
    Cold Air Intake
    Corsa Sport Exhaust

How many people have beefed up their anti-theft systems on their truck since they've been a member on this site? lol

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Not that I've stolen any rims or anything, but I can tell you all you need to get those off are a large flat blade screw driver and a dead blow hammer, granted it would slow them down. The chevy dealer lost my key for mine, so I had to take mine all off the Grand Theft Auto way...

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    one benefit of military installations, this kind of stuff doesn't happen.

Alex
    I hate to be a party pooper, but yes it does. i spent 8 years on active duty as an M.P. in the army. Not only did i respond to calls of stolen wheels, someone stole my spare tire and rim from underneath my Ford Ranger when i was stationed at Ft. Ord Ca.
    2007 Suburban 2500 Edge evolution CS leveled 265 goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade Kenwood DNX6180 Nav.Radio

OH Goody, another Pickem up truck dripping with Chrome Crap!

dosnt happen as much lets say. sure dosnt happen on Ft. Story, its so small everyone knows what everyone else drives.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    dosnt happen as much lets say. sure dosnt happen on Ft. Story, its so small everyone knows what everyone else drives.

Alex
    I hear you. When i was at FT. Ord, this was back in 1984 thru 1988. It was a Large Divisional post (7th ID light infantry). Lots of bad apples back then. Someone must have known i was an M.P. and got me back for something.

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    Here's what you get to protect the socket/key: http://www.consolevault.com/chevrole...2003-2006.html

I have one and love it...

Quote Originally Posted by surrealone View Post
    Here's what you get to protect the socket/key: http://www.consolevault.com/chevrole...2003-2006.html

I have one and love it...
    Thanks for that link, i have been interested in a locking console.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 Last Post byLast Post by