GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Had to share, new suspention on the way

Hey every one I was stoked about this. Just ordered my new suspension for the SS today got all McGaughty's 4/6 drop, got 2" drop spindles and 2" drop keys for the rear I did a 6" flip kit with c-notch. Still have to get the shocks but I will be running 22"s. I know most of you are 4X4 guys and prob hate lowered trucks but I just wanted to share my excitement with yall. Tell me what yall think

Justin

Here is a pic I found of a silvy with the same kit

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

Can't wait to see it, and as far lowered trucks go, I'm a fan! My truck is a Z71 4X4 and it's lowered 2/4(keys up front, shackles and block delete in the rear) with plans to be 4/6 (spindles and drop leafs) so it'll be nice to have some company!
    Adam

Your truck will look great with the new kit. McGaughty's is great stuff. Is your truck AWD or rear drive?
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Can't wait to see it, and as far lowered trucks go, I'm a fan! My truck is a Z71 4X4 and it's lowered 2/4(keys up front, shackles and block delete in the rear) with plans to be 4/6 (spindles and drop leafs) so it'll be nice to have some company!
    Outstanding!!!! Feb 2012 need to hurry up and get here, I am becoming to impaitent

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Your truck will look great with the new kit. McGaughty's is great stuff. Is your truck AWD or rear drive?
    Its 2wd I got a real good deal on it and plus you know being from the south it doesn't snow to to much so I just couldn't pass it up. I will say this that truck will burn out for days lol

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McMahan View Post
    I will say this that truck will burn out for days lol
    LMAO, I can see your truck doing burnouts right now...

Whether lifted or lowered, I think performance is the common thread that ties both camps together. Up or down doesn't matter, as long as it's not the stock GM nose down look that gives me a headache.... & mashing the loud pedal & smoking the tires once in a while is always good
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

congrats on the new lowering kit, cant wait to see it. I may be in the put it sky high crowd, but I'm a fan of good looking trucks one way or the other.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Thumbs up

We are a divided house here, my truck is lifted and my wifes is lowered.

6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint

Justin, Sounds good to me, even if I have a stock height Z71. Lowered trucks should be able to go around corners better due to lower center of gravity. Maybe bigger sway bars are in order, too.
    You have Tru-Trac posi, right. I was thinking of that myself. How is that working out? My Rear is my weak link. I have a 10 bolt rear with stock posi. My friends say I need to upgrade to a 14 bolt with a Detroit Tru-Trac and Strange axels, but that is a lot of money.
    Good Luck with the upgrade!
    Bill M. Blown 2003 Tahoe Z71

Cool

BillM, if you upgrade your rear end then the transmission will be the weak link. Its never ending.

Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    LMAO, I can see your truck doing burnouts right now...

Whether lifted or lowered, I think performance is the common thread that ties both camps together. Up or down doesn't matter, as long as it's not the stock GM nose down look that gives me a headache.... & mashing the loud pedal & smoking the tires once in a while is always good
    For the most part I drive like a granny but its nice to cut her loose every now and then LOL

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BillM View Post
    Justin, Sounds good to me, even if I have a stock height Z71. Lowered trucks should be able to go around corners better due to lower center of gravity. Maybe bigger sway bars are in order, too.
    You have Tru-Trac posi, right. I was thinking of that myself. How is that working out? My Rear is my weak link. I have a 10 bolt rear with stock posi. My friends say I need to upgrade to a 14 bolt with a Detroit Tru-Trac and Strange axels, but that is a lot of money.
    Good Luck with the upgrade!
    I am in the process of getting some sway bars for the SS now. I have a GM 14 bolt with a Detroit Tru-Trac and absolutly love it, its a little bouncy but not to bad but its cool having both wheels push you though. The stock GM G80 locker isnt bad at all untill you start putting some big HP and TQ numbers to it. For now just get you a good 14 bolt with some 3:73 and a stock G80 and you will be fine

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    BillM, if you upgrade your rear end then the transmission will be the weak link. Its never ending.
    STB X2 brother its a never ending cycle lol

2005 Silverado SS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast